Last chance to purchase My Imps Membership | Page 2 | Vital Football

Last chance to purchase My Imps Membership

So that means only 4800 of the 6000 (estimated) allocation will be made available to the 6300 season ticket holders?

Remember the days when you could walk up at 2.55pm, pay on the gate, stroll to your seat in the upper middle section and lounge across the row? Yeah, b*llocks to those days.

So in effect, anyone joining the MyImps scheme before the deadline has exactly the same priority as the 1500 season ticket holders who are not successful during the first priority period? I can't say I like that either. This makes less sense the more I think about it, so I am going to stop.

I have a gut feeling the allocation is going to be bigger than we're anticipating hence the club can justify still selling Myimps memberships. I can't believe after the total nightmare that surrounded ticket sales for the cup run two years ago that they would go to all the expense and bother of installing eventbrite to appease its fan base only to royally piss off its fans again by cashing in. If it is 6000,then its just not on.

Last edited:
Are they selling any tickets in the away end stand?

It might be that half of that stand is left empty and will be made available to whoever needs it.

The club has seen an opportunity to engage with more members and that it turn will get more money in. Now they may be cashing in on a decent 3rd round draw to entice people in but this shows good business acumen which shows how far we as a club have advanced.

These good times probably won't last forever and I can't blame the club for trying to maximise it whilst it persists. Such forward planning may have helped 16 years ago

As a side issue with the Everton tickets, season ticket holders will rightly get first dibs but is it going to be restricted to one per season ticket or not. What does annoy me is as per the Checkatrade final tickets some take joy in announcing that they as season ticket holders had secured six tickets because my wife's third cousin who's never been to a game before fancied a day out. Of course with the Checkatrade the amount of tickets didn't make this an issue. If it is permitted for tickets for Goodison many true supporters could miss out to some accompanying season ticket holders.

To my mind if you have a season ticket you get the right to first choice of any ticket but it should be one per season ticket.

It's saved me £2 per match, second priority for away games so with the club shop voucher the £10 has easily wiped its feet, I've had other benfits and its only early December. Iike it, it suits my needs.
I've not saved when buying tickets even tho I put my number in. Although that's not why I joined. I'm putting money into the club and it's worth what I pay without the £2 off. I joined to have second dibs at tickets for matches such as this. But even as a MI member I would hope all season ticket holders are satisfied before they are released for us. I would hate to find out I'd got a ticket whilst a season ticket holder had missed out due eventbright issues within the first release period.

Im a little bit surprised at the perceived entitlement of the my imps members.Its a £5 shot in getting a second priority window for tickets in these crazily fantastic times.I didnt know they could get abit of ticket discount( Excellent)as well.
Personally i would rather have queues But im sure others wouldnt!

Im a little bit surprised at the perceived entitlement of the my imps members.Its a £5 shot in getting a second priority window for tickets in these crazily fantastic times.I didnt know they could get abit of ticket discount( Excellent)as well.
Personally i would rather have queues But im sure others wouldnt!
No perceived emtitlement from me. I'm hoping I can get a ticket. If I don't so be it, I'll be pleased for those that have.

I have a gut feeling the allocation is going to be bigger than we're anticipating hence the club can justify still selling Myimps memberships. I can't believe after the total nightmare that surrounded ticket sales for the cup run two years ago that they would go to all the expense and bother of installing eventbrite to appease its fan base only to royally piss off its fans again by cashing in. If it is 6000,then its just not on.

That is the only plausible explanation, otherwise it’s an own goal of epic proportions.

If the allocation is limited then general sale will not happen. So I'm guessing the club are allowing this Myimps window to at least give people a chance of moving from no chance of a ticket to at least having a chance of a ticket.

Looking at the uptake at previous big away cup games - Ipswich 5k and Arsenal 9k. When you consider it was FA Cup QF ,exiles down south and Arsenal are a bit more glamorous than Everton , I think 7-8k would be a reasonable guess at the demand for Imps tickets.

All speculation of course. Let's hope we get a big allocation and every Imp that wants to can go.

Our friend from Everton suggests it is just the 6,000 from the number of home fans being moved.

I thought initial discussions had indicated Everton wanted to be as accommodating to Lincoln as possible. Not so, if the allocation is just the mandatory 15% (6,000). I find it very hard to believe they will sell the other 33,000 to home fans for this one.

As a side issue with the Everton tickets, season ticket holders will rightly get first dibs but is it going to be restricted to one per season ticket or not. What does annoy me is as per the Checkatrade final tickets some take joy in announcing that they as season ticket holders had secured six tickets because my wife's third cousin who's never been to a game before fancied a day out. Of course with the Checkatrade the amount of tickets didn't make this an issue. If it is permitted for tickets for Goodison many true supporters could miss out to some accompanying season ticket holders.

To my mind if you have a season ticket you get the right to first choice of any ticket but it should be one per season ticket.
It will certainly be limited to one per season ticket holder, don't worry about that. Lincoln have made some crass decisions with ticketing in the past (i.e. Ipswich at home, which I am still seething about), but those days are hopefully behind us.

An unfortunate consequence of the MyImps scheme is that it could seriously dilute the benefits of being a season ticket holder. If we assume a 6,000 allocation, prior to MyImps that would have given our 6,300 season ticket holders a 95% guaranteed chance of getting one. With MyImps, the guaranteed allocation for season ticket holders will be just 4,800 (i.e. 80% of the allocation), which reduces the chance of getting one to just 76% in that first window. That's a bit of a hit.

We could be over-thinking this, of course. I'm sure the club in its new incarnation will make the right decisions.

That Everton article suggests around 6000 for us so Myimps is already oversubscribed. I’m a season ticket holder so will have 2 shots but I think allowing continued sale of already oversubscribed Myimps is morally wrong. It’s just how I feel for those who bought in good faith with this situation in mind irrespective of T&Cs.

Not sure why it's morally wrong, to let people pay to have better access to something (tickets for LCFC matches). The only people it affects are people who have already paid to have better access to something (tickets for LCFC matches).

Just as "wrong" to deny them that opportunity?

Not sure why it's morally wrong, to let people pay to have better access to something (tickets for LCFC matches). The only people it affects are people who have already paid to have better access to something (tickets for LCFC matches).

Just as "wrong" to deny them that opportunity?

I think I’ve been pretty clear with my opinion, and it is only my opinion. I know there are some other benefits but the main benefit is to get priority in the event something is oversubscribed. Many people bought membership way before they knew it would have any value. Everton if appears is already oversubscribed so those existing members who backed the club and wanted priority in just this situation should not have that benefit diluted.

Others who wanted a priority chance to attend a far from certain big third round FA Cup tie could also have joined the scheme before they knew it had any value. They didn’t and morally they should not be allowed to gain priority at the expense of those that did.