Last band you saw live was | Page 4 | Vital Football

Last band you saw live was

Went to see The Feeling last night at the Liverpool Academy.

Got to admit, I was not that much of a fan, it was my wife and daughter who really likes them, but gotta say, they were absolutely superb live. Brilliant vocally, brilliant musically, great stage presence and good banter with the crowd - very very impressed.

For the encore they said "we did this at the Queens celebration and we have been doing it ever since - and then went into a medley of Daytripper / You Really Got Me / Pinball Wizard / Another Brick in the Wall / I want to Break Free / Parklife - it was immense. Then finished with "I love it when you call".

Great night.

Not impressed by the Academy though, crap venue. The stage is about 18 inches high, and the floor slopes backwards, so if you are not within the first 10 foot of the stage (luckily we were) all you can see is the back of someones head !.

Oh, and then there is the fact it is full of scousers !. I was enjoying the support band and could here this typical drunk scouse bint basically doing an impression of Chubby Brown, every second word was "F" , followed by other charmers like "C" and "B" - I looked around and it was being aimed at my 15yr old daughter who had dared to step into a gap where apparently "I am f**** saving that f**** space for my f**** mate you stupid little f**** b**ch. To which point I had to make haste before my wife belted her !!.

Can't really complain, you buy tickets for Liverpool, you know what you are gonna get don't you.

However, didn't stop the fact the band were exceptional, and made even better that my daughter who idolises them got her picture with two of the band afterwards.

Great band, shame about the venue, and where it was !

BodyButter - 5/7/2013 17:20

Metallica are playing over here. The cheapest ticket is around £100.

Seen Metallica 9 times so far. I will most certainly be making an appearance for Sonisphere. Especially as supporting them is Alice in Chains, Mastodon and Airbourne

Saw the Stiff Little Fingers at rock city in Nottingham on wednesday night. Seen them a few times before and enjoyed every one.

My last real gig was probably Guns n' Roses in 2012 in Nottingham. I saw S Club 7 (although it's S Club 3 now) at Uni in freshers but they were just sort of there, rather than me actually wanting to see them.

Actually I think I saw Slash's solo band can't really remember when that was... about a year ago I think

Oh and how could I, I forgot... Robert Plant at the Wolverhampton Civic Hall. Humbling.