Last band you saw live was | Page 2 | Vital Football

Last band you saw live was

James06 - 14/11/2012 13:07

Haven't been to a gig for ages, the last proper one was The Pogues last xmas - which to be fair was one of the best gigs I ever saw, so if it was the last then I went out on a good one!

nice one! Haven't seen them but can imagine it would be good.

been to a few lately including Tenacious D a few weeks back and Feeder next week

I went to the Southern Ground Music Festival last month and saw Charlie Daniels Band, Grace Potter and The Nocturnals, The Avett Brothers, John Mayer, Gregg Allman, Darius Rucker and The Zac Brown Band.

It was an amazing day!

Here is a recap from the weekend:

http://www.southerngroundfestival.com/articles.html?n_id=114001

I like to think I am quite up on my music, but I have never heard of any of those bands. Are they 'current' Siggy, or are they all old and a bit before my time?

Don't make me come over there and kick your ass.

Charlie Daniels is old, I'll give you that and the only song I knew he did was The Devil Went Down to Georgia. He plays a mean ass fiddle.

If you like Mumford and Sons you will like The Avett Brothers, check them out.

Grace Porter and The Nocturnals kick ass.

You've never heard of John Mayer?

Zac Brown Band is pretty much country, so you might not care for them, but he is a country artist I can get into.

Darius Rucker is from Hootie and The Blowfish (he was Hootie) and Gregg Allman is from The Allman Brothers.

Seriously never heard of any of them. Maybe they just haven't made the leap over the pond yet?

I've heard of Hootie & The Blowfish.

The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra at the South Bank, 2004. An excellent evening of Mahler as I recall.

Metallica back in Nottingham in 2009 for their world magnetic tour. Brilliant gig. Off to see Stone Sour in December. That will be a great gig i feel!

Myself and Villa_Button (the Mrs) went to see Anthrax and Motorhead at the Wolverhampton Civic on the 5th November. Absolutely stonking set by Anthrax with Motorhead blowing everyone away afterward, all washed down with a few wayward ales and some top brummage head banging. The Motorhead Drummer, Mickey D, treated us to an awesome performance on the sticks, which included a 10 minute solo. F****** Fabulous, even though we were both coming down with flu at the time.

Early 80s first time I saw Motorhead, Stafford Bingley Hall (Cow Shed) along with Saxon, Girlschool and a few others.

Saxon! Ha, memories! Saw them back in the early 80's in the eagle has landed tour. Good stuff!

I see Bon Jovi has previously been mentioned.

I saw him and his gang at the City of Manchester Stadium when it was called that and they sold Singha beer at about £4 a pint.

Expensive night.

murph - 15/11/2012 10:15

I see Bon Jovi has previously been mentioned.

I saw him and his gang at the City of Manchester Stadium when it was called that and they sold Singha beer at about £4 a pint.

Expensive night.

The only possible reason for seeing Bon Jovi would be because your new Mrs is a rock chic and always wanted to see them. You would of course buy the tickets, the hotel room (because the only tickets you could get were for a gig out of town - though somewhere nice) as a treat. She would of course be made up and have a lovely time and as she's wearing those big heels ends up being incredibly grateful that she didn't have far top go to get home... and why not have some after show drinks in the hotel bar after ward. This me just speculating of course. I imagine this would end up being an incredibly pleasant evening all round. (Twangs moustache) :14:

The last band I went to see was in the 80's. I think it was UB40. Going back to long. Been to the theater since but not to see bands

Leo Sayer, Hot Chocolate and Smokie. Walked out when David Cassidy came on. (NEC last week).

I want to make it very clear that going to that gig was THE WIFE's idea.

Last gig I went to as a man was Clapton in Cardiff last year.

Jeff Scott Soto at Sheffield Corporation Club 5 yrs ago. Last gig me and the missus attended before our wedding. Awesome singer. He can sing soul, rock - you name it. Tremendously energetic guy on stage, and real down to earth person when you meet him too. None of your "I'm a rock star" ego BS. He's a regular attendee and performer at the annual Queen Conventions.

kefkat - 15/11/2012 11:27

The last band I went to see was in the 80's. I think it was UB40.

I didn't realise we were including tribute acts?

In that case I saw a geezer taking off Tina Turner down the social club a few months back.