Lascelles | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lascelles

So compare him to what we already have.

Is he better than Fernandez? No

Is he better than Lejeune? No

Schar? No

Clark? I would say on recent form No

Seems everyone is over ratinghim because he's English.

Proveme wrong

Edit: no one is fucking singling him out. It's no different than having a topic of discussion and creating a thread labelled "schar" or "clark" or "Fernandez" that's the whole point of the forum. Or should I just delete the thread???

Who's saying delete the thread ?

As for proving you wrong it's simply your opinion and it's not necessarily right or wrong.

Is he better than Fernandez? I think he is .

Is he better than Lejeune? No but he's not injured as often

Schar? Schar's better on the ball I'd say Lascelles is better at the basics of defence

Clark? Clark's very inconsistent and injury prone, over a season I'd say Lascelles is the better player .

Generally Lascelles is an old fashioned head it, tackle the player and empty the area centre half. Physically he's great, brave and a decent tackler, his reading of the game and situations can be hit and miss and he doesn't look comfortable with the ball. In a four I'd have him and Lejeune as the pairing . In a three him Lejeune and Schar. I also don't think he's been helped by having Manquillo or Yedlin as the full back on his side.

It's all about opinions - you've decided to post this thread in agreement with the ex mackem whose whole assertion is that Lascelles should be a bit pissed of with himself for not getting an England call up based on...... wait for it......... 'He's a big lad'

And just to repeat - posters on this very forum are singling him out even though you keep denying it

If I put a "yes" after each player you've mentioned - who is right and who's wrong??

Who's saying delete the thread ?

As for proving you wrong it's simply your opinion and it's not necessarily right or wrong.

Is he better than Fernandez? I think he is .

Is he better than Lejeune? No but he's not injured as often

Schar? Schar's better on the ball I'd say Lascelles is better at the basics of defence

Clark? Clark's very inconsistent and injury prone, over a season I'd say Lascelles is the better player .

Generally Lascelles is an old fashioned head it, tackle the player and empty the area centre half. Physically he's great, brave and a decent tackler, his reading of the game and situations can be hit and miss and he doesn't look comfortable with the ball. In a four I'd have him and Lejeune as the pairing . In a three him Lejeune and Schar. I also don't think he's been helped by having Manquillo or Yedlin as the full back on his side.

Lazaro didn't help matters either on Sunday - weak in the air for the first one then gets easily megged for the second

Lascelles can't have been at fault for all four goals at Arsenal, Dubravka must be to blame for at least two. Always is according to some 🙄.

Edit: no one is fucking singling him out. It's no different than having a topic of discussion and creating a thread labelled "schar" or "clark" or "Fernandez" that's the whole point of the forum. Or should I just delete the thread???
It's a decent thread and a topic Rza just argue your case man,forums where everyone agrees with each other are pointless imo.

It's a decent thread and a topic Rza just argue your case man,forums where everyone agrees with each other are pointless imo.

That was the whole point of the thread but as usual it's the same obsessive dickhead with the same tedious shit that drives people away from the forum.

Lascelles reminds me of Bramble, there's always a 15/20 minute spell where they both zone out and lack concentration. With Bramble it was usually the last 15 mins of a game, I remember some used to say that if games were 75min then Bramble would be a world beater. Now the difference is that Lascelles zone out period can be any time, 5 mins here, 5 mins there or all together at any point during the game. There's times when he gets pulled out of position because of others, but he's the one in charge at the back, he's the captain, get thefucking told. He's not afraid to open his mouth in the media, sucking up to Ashley so get the fuckers on the pitch told!

Shelvey, never been a fan of! If you want a gurning idiot then he's your man other wise nowhere near near as good as HE thinks he is. Too inconsistent, too moody, only interested if things are going HIS way. Could be winning 5-0 but if things aren't going through him he sulks, never willing to roll his sleeves up and get stuck in. Only ever about the individual, never the team.

For me both Ritchie and Shelvey are part of the problem. Average at best the pair of them. Would they get a game for any top half premiership side? I doubt it.

That was the whole point of the thread but as usual it's the same obsessive dickhead with the same tedious shit that drives people away from the forum.
I see your point, a once vibrant board with a defamatory cretin or two ruining the character of the place.

No way is Clark better than Lascelles, he’s a dog of a player. Schar’s a footballer, as a defender, positionally he’s miles away. Fernandez the pick for me and Lejeune was fantastic before his injury, managed by a master like. As stated previously, we’ve very rarely had a solid centre back pairing. You always need a decent old head around to educate at the back. Coloccini was surrounded by shite while plainly a really good footballer.

Eeeeeee sorry lads - I really had no idea how much of an impact, questioning or disagreeing with someone's opinion could have

I do wonder what Rexn means by a "once vibrant board" though

Is he referring to when people were offering each other out on a regular basis - or when videos were put up of black people fighting on a train with the poster labelling them "chimps" - or when pictures of people with downs were put up in order to take the piss out of a forum member - or having duplicate user names to make cowardly veiled threats to forum members

I look at this post and genuinely see no reason whatsoever for Rza to spit his dummy - I see even less reason for rexn to try and jump on the back of it

Has it really come to this when some get so offended for simply disagreeing with their opinions ??

Last edited: