Lasagnagate | Vital Football

Lasagnagate

Timbo1882

Vital Reserves Team
Just saw an article taken from the Mirror re that dark event. Gist of the article was that the effect was exaggerated and the players were not really affected. It also said that the Chef and Hotel were cleared of any wrongdoing. That is misinformation as no one did anything that could qualify by definition as an "investigation".

I remember this happening and just thought it was a load of crap.

Anyone who has had real food poisoning can't even get out of bed.

We just bottled it like we always do.

I believe there was an investigation... From the first article that came up:

“None of the results or findings indicated that food poisoning was the cause. The likely cause of illness suffered by the Tottenham Hotspur FC staff and players was from a viral source.”

I'd still be suspicious, wonder if they just checked for naturally occurring bacteria by poor food hygiene standards or whether they also looked at possible deliberate contamination.

It seems unlikely so many players would catch a virus and be at peak symptoms at the same exact time.

Football teams spend a fortune on sports scientists, treatments and supplements, it's not inconceivable that our fiercest rivals had someone with some expertise go rogue when they saw an opportunity to weaken our chances.