Lancaster | Vital Football

Lancaster

GrotierBranfootLeigh

Vital Squad Member
What a moment that was when the Lancaster flew over, almost surreal. My first reaction was what a pity it was just after we’d conceded but it turned out to be perfect timing. The crowd reaction, including doing the Dambusters, appears to have been interpreted by some (mentioned in at least one match report and by Shay McCartan on the radio) as a defiant reaction to the goal rather than prompted by the fly past, but whatever it certainly helped lift the team to a famous victory.

I was in Selenity so didn’t know what was happening but as the Co-Op stood up nearly as one with arms as wings I realised yet again that the Lanc was behind me- is there any way they can fly above the middle of the pitch? It definitely got everyone going though - just brilliant timing!

Seeing the Lanc makes my the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, seeing the Lanc over Sincil Bank makes me well up - being an expat two of the three iconic things that mean home, the third is the cathedral. Love the video

Oh Selenity. High up in the Co-op we saw it coming. We joined in the dambusters. And then it disappeared from view as the roof obscured it. 10 seconds later it must have been right above as we heard the mighty Merlins above us despite the noise in the Co-op and not being able to see it anymore.

WOW, WOW, WOW. The Merlins were enough. Glorious.