Lampard | Page 3 | Vital Football

Lampard

His Uncle Arry reckons Frank was merely the coach and that the decisions regarding signings were not made by him.

If that is true, he had an impossible job but if he did ask Abramovitch to spend 200 million on the likes of Havertz and Werner, he is somewhat culpable.

Sacked.

I got it wrong. He lasted longer than 6 months that I predicted.

And actually, I say they Abramovich was wrong to sack him. He’s done a great job especially with all the kids.

I guess the few million quid in compensation will help Frank get over it.

I guess the few million quid in compensation will help Frank get over it.

It'll help, for sure. But he must have loadsamoney anyway and he must be gutted that it's not worked out for him at the club where he's a legend. Similar to Hess and Lovell with us - well, with regard to love for the club rather than large financial payoffs!!

Maybe he'll be wishing he'd left it until he was a bit more experienced before taking the Chelsea job. Maybe he'll have success elsewhere and perhaps return to Chelsea in the future...

I feel sorry for Lampard, I'd have liked to see him succeed at Chelsea, even though I don't much like the club. At least now he's gone I can return to hoping they lose!

It really upsets the balance when a someone you admire is a player or manager for a club you don't much like. I've a similar dilemma regarding Marcus Rashford (I want him to score every time he plays) and Manchester United (I never really want them to score).

He's developed young players well, but they have the best squad in the league in my opinion, and are 9th at the halfway point. I'm sure fat Frank will get another job somewhere

Lampard was on £5.5m a year which is ridiculous in the first instance! Abramovich has now spent £130m paying up contracts of sacked managers/ coaches!

I think the most damning indictment of Chelsea’s statement confirming Lampard had been dismissed was the fact that they couldn’t see any clear path forward for improvement. If that was the case then there was no point him remaining in charge - you could say give him until the end of the season, but all that does is waste time when the new man they’ve identified could be working on taking them forward.

The absurdity of the premier league
Is that absurd though?

The premier league makes billions in income. Maybe that money should be kept by the tv companies and epl rather than the key attraction (players and managers) getting their fair share.

Id argue they dont even get their fair share. Just look at the profits of tv companies.

I will not apologise for saying this again...Sacking a manager during the season should be a 10 point penalty! It does piss me off when club owners just change managers after a few poor results! Before the recent downside in the results/ performances, Lampard’s Chelsea were unbeaten in 17 and playing attractive football!

Is that absurd though?

The premier league makes billions in income. Maybe that money should be kept by the tv companies and epl rather than the key attraction (players and managers) getting their fair share.

Id argue they dont even get their fair share. Just look at the profits of tv companies.
I agree.

My sister-in-law is fairly meek on most things but absolutely hates football with a passion. Not entirely sure why. Anyway she thinks the amounts the high end footballers earn is ludicrous. The only way I can explain it to her is these are employees at the very top of a multi-billion (trillion?) worldwide industry, who bring in insane amounts of money for their employers. I likened it to a family friend who was high up in a big company who had a salary of 10 million plus a year. In her mind this was perfectly acceptable because she liked the products they sold.

I agree.

My sister-in-law is fairly meek on most things but absolutely hates football with a passion. Not entirely sure why. Anyway she thinks the amounts the high end footballers earn is ludicrous.

Me too.

I always say to people that think footballers / managers are overpaid is "why don't you become one then?"

Lampard was on £5.5m a year which is ridiculous in the first instance! Abramovich has now spent £130m paying up contracts of sacked managers/ coaches!
Rooney is on nearly £5 million a year at Championship Derby, who, believe it or not, have money problems ???

I agree.

My sister-in-law is fairly meek on most things but absolutely hates football with a passion. Not entirely sure why. Anyway she thinks the amounts the high end footballers earn is ludicrous. The only way I can explain it to her is these are employees at the very top of a multi-billion (trillion?) worldwide industry, who bring in insane amounts of money for their employers. I likened it to a family friend who was high up in a big company who had a salary of 10 million plus a year. In her mind this was perfectly acceptable because she liked the products they sold.
exactly. It's far too easy to moan that footballers 'earn too much'. its market forces. They are the key attraction of a multi billion dollar industry. Id rather the money goes to the players than anyone else.

Do they really need this money? well of course not. Just like the top bods at apple/facebook etc. dont need the money they make either. As you say, if it's that easy, more fool you for not doing it!

That said, this does not mean I agree with chairmen overspending on players they cant afford either, nor does it stop me from thinking that the top leagues should be forced to invest the significant income into more grass roots/lower leagues initiatives.

Surprised to see Sheppey Gill taking this view, given he is obviously well aware of the fundamentals of free markets / market forces by virtue of being in investments/trading.