Lamela: we need to give our best!! | Vital Football

Lamela: we need to give our best!!

Spursex

Alert Team
Erik Lamela: “Now, more than ever, we need to give our best”
@SpursOfficial
Tue 16 February 2021, 13:04|

Jose Mourinho says he loves him, and Erik Lamela is focussed on ‘helping the team’ as we step back into UEFA Europa League action this week.
"A good Lamela, I love, he's the kind of player I like very much," Jose told the media ahead of Saturday's clash at Manchester City.
Back in the squad after injury for our Premier League match against Fulham on 13 January, the Argentine forward has played himself back into the team; an impressive cameo off the bench against Chelsea alongside Lucas Moura paving the way for the pair to start our last three games.

At the Club since 2013, it’s well documented that ‘Coco’ has had his ups and downs in that time, mainly due to injuries, but he’s approaching 250 appearances for us in all competitions (now on 242) and is determined to play his part for the rest of this season.

“After the last injury, it was difficult to get back into the team but now I’m getting the opportunity and I’m enjoying that, even though we are not getting the results that we want,” reflected Erik at Hotspur Way this week.

I want to give my best, not only for my team but also for the coach, for the fans, for my family, for my kids.​

Erik Lamela
erik-lamela-2021b.jpg

“The next few games are very important for us. Everyone knows that and if I get the opportunity, I will give my best to help us progress in the Europa League. I think I can still do better to help the team. That’s what I’m looking to do.”

How would he do that? He explained: “Going forward, it is about giving my best, trying to score more goals, to create more chances, helping the team defend, to ask for the ball when I need to ask for the ball.

“It’s to help my team-mates when I see that we might need something else, to be together, to push them and to tell them to push me. The mentality has to be good and we cannot give up – now more than ever, we need to give our best.

“I want to give my best, not only for my team but also for the coach, for the fans, for my family, for my kids. When I am on the pitch, apart from just enjoying the game, it is also about feeling proud after the performance. To give everything is the least we can do.”

That starts with our round of 32 tie against Austrian side Wolfsberger AC as we travel to Budapest, Hungary for the first leg on Thursday evening (5.55pm UK).

"I know this team and therefore I know that if we are at our best, we can do big things," added Erik, who has racked up 45 appearances for us in Europe so far. "It doesn’t matter who we are playing, we need to go and show that we are the team that we know we can be."

Lamela definitely gives 100%...problem is he just isn't good enough for us. Ditto Lucas, Sissoko, winks, Davies, Bergwyn, Serge, Sanchsz and more. Lucas frustrates me as a head down running blind guy that once in awhile does decent or every CL semi final 2nd leg is outstanding. Lamela imo is someone who should come on with 20 mins to go when we need energizing/chasing a win or even a draw and sometimes does real good. Out of the two I prefer lamela. Basically we need half a dozen more very consistent decent p!ayers!