Lamela, surplus to requirements? | Vital Football

Lamela, surplus to requirements?

Spursex

Alert Team
With the eventual arrival of Bale, who will be sacrificed?

I don't for one second believe it will be Alli - he scores and makes too many assists, and we wouldn't at this time get anything like how he's valued at in the market.

Plus, I think he will bounce back this season.

So that leaves Lamela; tries hard, but rarely succeeds, loves a blind alley, but does it with energy, enthusiasm, and lots of aggression which Jose appears to love, supposedly he wants to stay in London after the birth of his child, so will he be kept of unceremoniously shipped out as fast as we can?

The problem would be with his size of contract we'll be in our own Bale contract situation as with his fitness track record and his inability to play too many consecutive games, who'd take him here?

Last edited:
I think that he will stay for the season at least. Unless a decent offer comes in for him.
Then it will be back to Italy for a slower pace of life.
With the options we have he doesn't need to play every game (not that he can anyway). However, if we are really to give all competitions a go we do need options - even if they are always only 3/4 fit.
I guess.

Off loading Lamela will do very little to balance the books, he's not worth much. Dele or Ndombele are the only players we may be willing to sell who would command decent money. If Jose and Ndombele can get beyond their differences, Tanguy probably best meets our needs going forward. I've said for a long time that Dele seems to need a change of environment to rediscover his motivation and true ability.
As for Lamela, I'd like to see us make a cheeky bid to Bournemouth to exchange Lamela and Sissoko for David Brookes. They would be good assets in a title chasing Championship side. Unfortunately though, Lamela may be Championship standard these days, but he doesn't earn Championship wages.

Would be ironic if the last man standing from the Magnificent 7 bought with the Bale money was moved on because of Bale's return. Things going full circle there.

I remember the year before he arrived he'd had a stellar season with Roma and we thought he could be our next Bale. If he leaves, then I pray to the footballing gods that Bale won't morph into our new Lamela!

Would be ironic if the last man standing from the Magnificent 7 bought with the Bale money was moved on because of Bale's return. Things going full circle there.

I remember the year before he arrived he'd had a stellar season with Roma and we thought he could be our next Bale. If he leaves, then I pray to the footballing gods that Bale won't morph into our new Lamela!

😂😂

Lamela is a game closer. Dele needs to go on loan to RM. To grow up.

You are correct Sir, Lamela is a late game changer. And valuable as such.

Dele may need to grow up, but rather he come good at Spurs, than be giving one of our best players to RM because Jose can't handle him.

Everyone's digging on Dele, and giving Jose a pass. Sorry, but this shit goes both ways, and given the choice, right now, I'd keep Dele and sack Jose.

One is currently MUCH easier to replace than the other. I can think of 5 other coaches I'd be happy to see as our guy. Not coming up with too many players than have what Dele brings when he's fit, and on his game.

Maybe that'll change, maybe Jose will bring the kind of success fans want, but until he does something other than the shit on display we've seen so far, I'm on Dele's side.

Off loading Lamela will do very little to balance the books, he's not worth much. Dele or Ndombele are the only players we may be willing to sell who would command decent money. If Jose and Ndombele can get beyond their differences, Tanguy probably best meets our needs going forward. I've said for a long time that Dele seems to need a change of environment to rediscover his motivation and true ability.
As for Lamela, I'd like to see us make a cheeky bid to Bournemouth to exchange Lamela and Sissoko for David Brookes. They would be good assets in a title chasing Championship side. Unfortunately though, Lamela may be Championship standard these days, but he doesn't earn Championship wages.

These days, he's been that standard since he arrived. How much did we pay for him again?:rotfl:

I want him to stay as i think he is better than berg and lucas. I hope he goes because Jose is not giving him the game time he deserves. Know matter what you say today he came on and the game changed. He needs to go for his own good. Signing Bale is going to piss off berg,Lucas and Lamela because they now know that even if they train well and play wc when given time they will always be subs.

You are correct Sir, Lamela is a late game changer. And valuable as such.

Dele may need to grow up, but rather he come good at Spurs, than be giving one of our best players to RM because Jose can't handle him.

Everyone's digging on Dele, and giving Jose a pass. Sorry, but this shit goes both ways, and given the choice, right now, I'd keep Dele and sack Jose.

One is currently MUCH easier to replace than the other. I can think of 5 other coaches I'd be happy to see as our guy. Not coming up with too many players than have what Dele brings when he's fit, and on his game.

Maybe that'll change, maybe Jose will bring the kind of success fans want, but until he does something other than the shit on display we've seen so far, I'm on Dele's side.

Yup!

75k a week and squad place up for grabs. I would let him walk for free for that deal.