Lady Thatcher dies | Page 3 | Vital Football

Lady Thatcher dies

Quite simply the greatest leader of this country in the last century - oh how we could do with her, in her prime right now. She would drag us (obviously the lefty liberal unwashed kicking and screaming) out of this fucking mess just like she did last time - and god help anyone, (even the american president, or any jumped up argie generals), who stand in her way.

Alas we have to do with the wishy washy watered down versions nowadays thanks to Blairs incompetence and stupid coalitions.

RIP Maggie and thankyou. God bless your soul.

Dennis Healey said they used to let her shout herself out then get down to the serious business.

She was a windbag, she split society with her trickle down politics (of course if you make the wealthy wealthier it won't trickle down) and sold the countries assets far far too cheaply.

YES unions needed controlling, yes natioalised industry needed a rethink and modernisation but no, it didn't all have to be given away so cheaply, it could have funded this country very nicely if done right.

You didn't actually have to live through it though Jim, you were only just born weren't you?

I am still scared from growing up in the mean streets of Four Oaks during her tyranny! :3:

Her greatest asset was the lack of opposition in those days.

Her "there's no such thing as a community" quote summed her up.

The architect of the greed culture which spawned the bankers, who felt so invincible that they fucked up the economy and still came out of it smiling. You truly had no social conscience whatsoever.

Goodbye, I hope future society comes to see you for what you were. A greedy, selfish, vengeful, megalomaniac who treated those who disagreed with her views with vicious contempt.

You helped destroy a great many lives and cared little for those damaged by your policies.

May you never be forgotten

My entire childhood and school life was the Thatcher era, and it was brilliant - much better than society and schooling thesedays IMO. The streets were safer, the schools were stricter and produced good kids and even the summer holidays had subsidised schemes to attend. Oh yeah but for fucs sake I didnt get a carton of milk - so forget I said all that!

Internet forums and life in general is quite rigthly about opinions and discussion, but arguably should not be dragged down to just obscene irrelevant ill-thought out shock-jock comments. But then people like Thatcher are fair game arnt they? People who stood up for this country, in the face of abuse and violence and threats throughout her career she stood up for what she believed and most importantly, rightly or wrongly, she led, she faced her opponents and critics, she worked her socks off and she got results for us.

Abuse a asylum seeking, work shy, benefit cheat though and you get in trouble!

Just a different opinion Jim, the one thing about politicians like her is they will split opinions and bring out the very best of compliments and the very rabib of bile.

I liked it when we had politicians with something different, some you loved, some you loathed. Now we have 3 central parties and mostly all magnolia.

I just don't have the rose tinted view you do, for me she was a windbag and that appears to be what a few of the cabinet back in the day have since also said. Others, like Portillo (who I quite like actually) the opposite.

I'll not apologise if my views are offensive to you, nor would you to me. Personally I thought she was a total c***.

Simple really.

She said one thing, did another. :18:

Fascinating bunch of politicians at the time though, truly fascinating and yes, I did study all this, it is a major interest of mine. I don't think I could find fascination in the current shambolic lot.

Plastic Villan - 8/4/2013 15:05

Yeah the Labour party were even more spineless then than they are now.

Not sure they were spineless like the Blair lot to be honest, just shambolic. Then again, they have shot themselves in the foot once again with electing dear old Ed. Poor old Michael Foot, he never did stand a chance! LOL

Finance industries didnt do too badly? She gave people with intelligence and an entreprenurial spirit an opportunity. Our economy was booming when she left power.

People keep harping back to coal miners, and nationalised industries but Scargill and the unions fucked the miners over by giving them false hope. There was no industry left, that wasnt Thatcher's doing. The selling of nationalised industry was a money maker and it was re-invested well.

She enhanced the booming industries whilst dying industires...well died.

Lets face it, if you were prepared to graft or were well educated, then you did well under thatcher - is that not the way life should be? Is that not what we are all crying out for now?

James06 - 8/4/2013 15:07

My entire childhood and school life was the Thatcher era, and it was brilliant - much better than society and schooling thesedays IMO. The streets were safer, the schools were stricter and produced good kids and even the summer holidays had subsidised schemes to attend. Oh yeah but for fucs sake I didnt get a carton of milk - so forget I said all that!

Delighted your school life was good mate. Lovely to read. Was that really down to Thatcher? Were the streets safer? I can still remember the yorkshire ripper, the black panther, riots, beatings in the streets, gangs, we even got up to stuff back then.

Any different to now?

Not really.

Our school was not well repaired back then. Are they now? Not sure, I don't go to school any more, although Labour (not surprisingly! LOL) did spend a fair bit trying to improve the infrastructure I believe...

Stricter? I am not sure, I was a total nightmare back then, I would be now as well I would guess. It has become too liberal these days, nothing wrong with detentions, the cane etc... If I hadn't had a line to cross (which I did often) then I'd have probably been quite a problematic guy I guess.

Better kids? No, I know lots of kids who have been in more recent school systems who are just as good as back then.

Also still loads of extra curricular stuff about these days as well.

I don't really get this rose tinted view on what were pretty dire (at times) years under the recession, they weren't fun times for adults back then, it was a very severe time for many and repossessions reached all time highs, the poll tax was a total disaster, the riots were caused by a lot of this stuff.

It wasn't great then, at the moment it isn't great now either. But I don't have a fondness for the massive interest rates, high unemployment etc back then.

Anyway, you've shown yourself up a bit with your political argument Jim.

They were bottles of milk not cartons...! :2:

:17:

:12:

Two word - "poll tax" - how i laughed when she said them words herself. Basically (with Mrs T) if you you had Money she loved you, all the rest were fucked in the arse by her.

Lost_In_Ca - 8/4/2013 15:40

Basically (with Mrs T) if you you had Money she loved you, all the rest were fucked in the arse by her.

?????

Any government, and anyone who thinks logically likes, and respects people with money - they are afterall the people that keep the country going.

She did also invest in the armed forces though did she not?

The Fear - 8/4/2013 15:29

Better kids? No, I know lots of kids who have been in more recent school systems who are just as good as back then.

Generally speaking do you really think the youth of today are as decent and respectful as they were in our*day. How they act, how they present themselves, how they talk, how they treat teachers, coppers, senior citizens, their parents, members of the public etc..

There is no way I, or anyone I knew would behave like they do thesedays. Mainly because I wouldnt be allowed to.

Now you can say that wasnt anything to do with Thatcher, but it changed under New labour - so something happened.

*I am nowhere near as old as Fear

I get what you are saying Jim, just I think the 'me' generation was formed and started by Maggies time.

Different perspectives I guess.

However I do also think the country has gone too politically correct, too health and safety conscience and has lost control of respect. A lot of that has been compounded massively by the Blair years, no doubt at all.

First reports are that Thatcher died of a minor stroke.

Plans have begun for Margaret Thatcher's state funeral.

It'll be the first time ever the 21 gun salute is fire into the coffin.

David Cameron has just sent his official letter to the Thatcher residence.

It starts "I regret to inform you that due to recent events you now have too many bedrooms..."

Thatcher's been in hell 20 minutes and she's already shut 3 furnaces

Think you'll like this one Jim...

would you like to order SIR....

[youtube=OyU8qmzGsEg]

What's the difference between Thatcher and Jimmy Saville? Nothing, they're both dead and they both fucked miners