Lady Thatcher dies | Page 23 | Vital Football

Lady Thatcher dies

Griff Rhys Jones said it right, time to bury this and move on, what's happened has happened for better or worse.
We have more serious problems to get right now, starting with how tall the statue of Mrs T should be on top of Big Ben!

thefacehead - 19/4/2013 17:13

Griff Rhys Jones said it right, time to bury this and move on, what's happened has happened for better or worse.
We have more serious problems to get right now, starting with how tall the statue of Mrs T should be on top of Big Ben!

yes, very true. He was decent on there again.

You noticed that the guests on QT that make the most sense and the best points are usually not the politicians? That silly mare from the Mail aside!

The Labour lady, Yvonne... err.. forgot surname, she don't arf shout!

The Fear - 19/4/2013 17:24

You noticed that the guests on QT that make the most sense and the best points are usually not the politicians? That silly mare from the Mail aside!

Totally agree on the non politician point, Theo Paphitis was on a couple weeks back and the politicians would do well to listen to some of his advice.

At the end of the day the country needs a certain amount of money to run and it would be better run by properly qualified business people rather than silver spoon toff's who wouldn't know what a hard day's work was if it smacked em in the chops!

Yes Platell, I name checked her yesterday as one of the hateful Mail journo's.

Tellamuir - 19/4/2013 14:00

Jonah - 19/4/2013 11:11

As for her 'fondness for apatheid' another pathetic argument.

She was against sanctions against SA yes, because she, quite rightly, knew that they would hurt the poor black population much more than the affluent Afrikaaners.

Another fine example of not letting the truth get in the way of villifying Maggie.

Maggie, caring friend of the black South African poor? Do me a favour. She didnt even care for the poor in her own counrty never mind anywhere else. Compassion wasnt exactly her strong point.

You must have missed Cameron apologising for Maggies misguided South African policy then.

As for Mandela, suit yourself. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. You will be telling me Jesus Christ was a terrorist next. Truth, ha.

BTW, rumours filling in her grave with concrete is taking longer than first expected, seemingly taking a few extra days to build the sufficently large dance floor on top of it. But all that concrete should make for a good foundation, and also ensure she doesnt attempt to escape.

I have to tell you that I'm not particularly interested in 'call me Dave's' opinions on anything, never mind on Thatcher.

So these sanctions would have miraculously affected the whites and not the blacks? How would that work then?

I'm surprised that you can be so infantile and petty (with stupid comparisons and refs to Jesus for example). I used to think you were reasonably intelligent but your pathetic posts in this thread have proved me wrong there.

There was me thinking that Maggie was cremated. Think the concrete mixers might be wasting their time

Any amount of pathetic posts in this thread. Have given up on the petty Jonah, aint worth it. She was a monster and am leaving it there. It will only end in tears. Probably yours!! To any I have offended - I apologise for losing the rag, but theres just something about that woman.....

Margaret Thatcher RIP.

Tellamuir - 19/4/2013 23:04

James06 - 19/4/2013 11:23

How come she gets slagged off for calling Mandela a terrorist, but not for calling/treating Gerry Adams as one?

Is it because Adams targetted the British and Mandela targetted white South Africans? Thats a bit racist isnt it?

Such a dumb question, even for a bean counter. :2:

And Gerry will just have to get his own thread.

A thread full of empty posts to honour his ban from speaking on British TV.

thefacehead - 19/4/2013 17:39

The Fear - 19/4/2013 17:24

Totally agree on the non politician point, Theo Paphitis was on a couple weeks back and the politicians would do well to listen to some of his advice.

At the end of the day the country needs a certain amount of money to run and it would be better run by properly qualified business people rather than silver spoon toff's who wouldn't know what a hard day's work was if it smacked em in the chops!

Yes Platell, I name checked her yesterday as one of the hateful Mail journo's.

Amen.

For balance.

Funeral cost £3.6million overall apparently.

Family coughed in a third was it reported?

Still a waste of money, but nowhere near the hysterics if accurate.

mike_field - 25/4/2013 17:58

For balance.

Funeral cost £3.6million overall apparently.

Family coughed in a third was it reported?

Still a waste of money, but nowhere near the hysterics if accurate.

any broadcasting rights mike? as sure it would of been sold etc especially with itv covering it and the adverts etc

No idea mate. Doubt it though other than part of maybe natural syndication when it came to news coverage.

I'm sure they said on the news that 2 million of that 3.6 expense was on security staffing who would have been on duty anyway.

Therefore whilst they may not have been deployed to the funeral, they would have been working and the expense still incurred.

Taking off the 3rd paid by the family, that leaves 400k paid out for the funeral. Which IMO is a pitiful amount for us to lay out for the great lady.

But hey ho, if it keeps the lefties happy, oh hang on, it didnt! lol