Labour Together | Page 6 | Vital Football

Labour Together

Don't hold your breath. Wait to see if it happens. Big on bluster and promises. Quality of delivery????

Even if schools built I bet they aren't funded adequately or staffed well as the job has got considerably worse over the last few yeara. Relieved I'm out of it.

Seriously hope I'm wrong.

As least he isn't a fan of the austerity he supported for 9 years, or so he says. I wonder if that's another lie.

Lol, time will tell but it looks like the rhetoric is going that way to try and keep the labour swing voters he inherited/borrowed.

I said at the time of the election that not only did Johnson park his motor on Labours lawn, but he also nicked our lunch and sat there eating it in full view.
He doesn’t actually need to follow it through.
It’s enough to announce big spending plans that he intends (or not) to do.
They are clever buggers.
It annoys me when people say Johnson is an idiot or call him childish names.
He knows exactly what and how to play it.

I still think he’ll stand down before the next election.
He’s achieved his goal.
He’s too lazy to stand for a second term.
He’ll want the lucrative speech earnings.

Hopefully Labour can actually unite and fight the Tories instead of ripping into each other.
I’d expect Sunak to be the next PM and he’ll be formidable.

John Pinear asked Annalise Dodds specifically what Labour would do with the economy post covid and she was vague and non committal.
She must do better to be considered a serious opposition.

Last edited:
I said at the time of the election that not only did Johnson park his motor on Labours lawn, but he also nicked our lunch and sat there eating it in full view.
He doesn’t actually need to follow it through.
It’s enough to announce big spending plans that he intends (or not) to do.
They are clever buggers.
It annoys me when people say Johnson is an idiot or call him childish names.
He knows exactly what and how to play it.

I still think he’ll stand down before the next election.
He’s achieved his goal.
He’s too lazy to stand for a second term.
He’ll want the lucrative speech earnings.

Hopefully Labour can actually unite and fight the Tories instead of ripping into each other.
I’d expect Sunak to be the next PM and he’ll be formidable.

John Pinear asked Annalise Dodds specifically what Labour would do with the economy post covid and she was vague and non committal.
She must do better to be considered a serious opposition.
Good post. Agree with virtually every bit, esp re Johnson bullshitting, being clever and stepping down to earn easy money spouting more shit.

Bit harsh on Dodds as Labour need a bit of time to sort themselves out after the utter shambles under Corbyn. Fair point though re Labour's vision.

I'll be astonished if the Tories actually do more than a fractiin of what they say as they fundamentally disagree with it, deep down inside.

I watched Annalise Dodds on Marr this morning.
It’s best if they keep her away from live interviews for a while.
It’s a bit embarrassing when a shadow minister cannot answer the simplest of questions about their own stated policy.

Marr - so what would you do?
Dodds- errr !
Not good, in my opinion.
The chance to highlight differences was blown.

I'll be astonished if the Tories actually do more than a fractiin of what they say as they fundamentally disagree with it, deep down inside.
What do you think "Tories .... fundamentally disagree with" ?

Spending on long-lasting infrastructure ??
Not particularly - as long as it represents something worthwhile.

(Although all Governments seem to be hopeless at cost control.)