Labour Together | Page 3 | Vital Football

Labour Together

Time will tell Jerry.

Polly Tonybee pointed out this morning that Labour has only held power for 18 of the last 50 years and 13 years of that was in a single stretch.
One expects the opposition to do well when out of power.
That's traditional. Even the bloody Libdems pick up council seats,.
The big question is why can Labour not attract enough votes at election time.

Virtually everybody on the left wing of Labour consider Blair/Brown as ToryLite.
However, they did win power, so logic dictates that this is the path to follow or alternatively be the Party of principle and protest, shouting from the side lines.

Another weird thing this morning was a poll citing that now, only 30% of those asked thought that Johnson was handling the Covid crisis well.
When the same group were asked if they trusted Labour more, that dropped to 20% ???

Why, is the question that must be answered.

It is a bit like, "do you like Corbyn's policies" ?
Answer - yes
" do you trust him to deliver them"
Well, the last election answered that.

Why, is the question that must be answered.

It is a bit like, "do you like Corbyn's policies" ?
Answer - yes
" do you trust him to deliver them"
Well, the last election answered that.

You are a paid up member so I understand where you're coming from, the trouble is I am a supporter of Albion and didn't even know what Corby did stand for. Maybe that is the problem, that Labour are looking at appealing to members rather than the floating voter.

It’s a tightrope.
If you don’t appeal to your members, you lose membership and revenue.
What appears obvious is that the average labour member and the average labour voter are some distance apart.
Labour seems to have slowly morphed into some kind of urban middle class protest party.
The core supporter is still there, they just need wooing back.
Labour has virtually zero support outside of the big cities.

Good. Didn't impress me in education role. Still keen to fight tired old battles. Starmer was obliged to give her a role after the leadership election. Probably relieved to have a good reason to dump her.

No doubt there will be squealing from the usual purists and the pro "free speech" crowd. I heard from trusted colleagues that the anti semitism was real. Need to move on. RLB struck me as the Uni student leader sort.

Ok, maybe as an old leftie I'm not rigidly sticking to demanding every policy I'd ideally want. However, I'm fed up with losing and it is criminal that we've ended up with Johnson (not) running the country.

Word is that it wasn’t so much for the tweet as defying the instruction to stay squeaky clean.
Sir K doesn’t want any of the shadow cabinet rocking the boat and giving the media ammunition.

Word is that it wasn’t so much for the tweet as defying the instruction to stay squeaky clean.
Sir K doesn’t want any of the shadow cabinet rocking the boat and giving the media ammunition.

She retweeted something that alluded to a jewish conspiracy, which is not exactly ideal when Labour are trying to come out of anti-semitism scandal under Corbyn.

Sacking her was the best way to go imo, quick and decisive action against those who even hint at nonsensical anti-semitic conspiracy theories

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...keir-starmer-black-lives-matter-a9583206.html

The section in question - article is by Maxine Peake

“I don’t know how we escape that cycle that’s indoctrinated into us all,” continues the 45-year-old. “Well, we get rid of it when we get rid of capitalism as far as I’m concerned. That’s what it’s all about. The establishment has got to go. We’ve got to change it.” Born in Bolton to a lorry driver father and care worker mother, Peake is strident and expressive; if religion wasn’t anathema to her, she’d be perfect in the pulpit. “Systemic racism is a global issue,” she adds. “The tactics used by the police in America, kneeling on George Floyd’s neck, that was learnt from seminars with Israeli secret services.” (A spokesperson for the Israeli police has denied this, stating that “there is no tactic or protocol that calls to put pressure on the neck or airway”.)

I like Maxine Peake and her heart is usually in the right place but she's given to emotional outbursts and indiscretions. That's fine because she's an actress and represents no one but herself. RLB has been naive at least, or didn't read the article, or wanted out because it wasn't just the jewish conspiracy bit. Maxine also stated something alomng the lines that a lot of people who support Keir Starmer aren't really left wing. In my opinion RLB is no loss becuase she has underperformed as Shadow Education Secretary.

Marxists !

State why you believe the remark made was in any way anti semetic.

Criticising a race is antiemetic not criticising a country.

Just because the labour party has to bend over to the zionist movement and media to get elected also bends morals and free speech.

Just because the labour party has to bend over to the zionist movement and media to get elected also bends morals and free speech.

I am glad to see the back of RLB as well, but only because she is so out of her depth.

This affair only heightens the suspicion that the Jewish community has an agenda of attacking anyone that criticises the Israeli state and regards that alone as being anti-semitic.

If Starmer is condoning that stance by making such an kneejerk decision to placate them, then he will stand open to hostility from Palestinians.

If I was Corbyn, I would be allowing myself a knowing smile.

We get it Jerry , your hatred is reserved for Zionists.

We get it Jerry , your hatred is reserved for Zionists.

I hate all oppressors but based on the facts I have at the time.

This was about Israel so obviously I was talking about the actual subject.
The facts are that the zionists and the state of israel finance some of our politicians and media. Its not hidden and its just an inconvenient truth.

I also dont support the funding of our MPs or media (murdoch types, russians, usa, etc). I also don't blindly support everything muslims do in this country. Everyone should speak up irrelevant of political leanings.

I supported the state of israel when attacked in the the various middle east wars.

I have supported yours and TRs right to free speech continuously. This is no different.

Knew that was coming. Some on the left of the party have an issue with jews in my experience of the Labour party, since joining in 1979.

At best her behaviour was naive and dumb. That's enough to sack her imo as I've had it with incompetents in positions of power in the party.

I hate all oppressors but based on the facts I have at the time.

This was about Israel so obviously I was talking about the actual subject.
The facts are that the zionists and the state of israel finance some of our politicians and media. Its not hidden and its just an inconvenient truth.

I also dont support the funding of our MPs or media (murdoch types, russians, usa, etc). I also don't blindly support everything muslims do in this country. Everyone should speak up irrelevant of political leanings.

I supported the state of israel when attacked in the the various middle east wars.

I have supported yours and TRs right to free speech continuously. This is no different.

No it's ok Jerry , I didn't mean it like that.
It was maybe sarcasm , if someone keeps mentioning (insert community) , they are very quick to receive labelling.