La Liga can resume on 8th June | Page 2 | Vital Football

La Liga can resume on 8th June

La Liga president Javier Tebas is confident the league can return on June 11, with a Thursday night Seville derby between Sevilla and Real Betis.

"The intention is to start on June 11th or 12th, with Sevilla v Real Betis the first game in a 10pm kick off"
You do realise you're now in Germaine's bad books for postin in this thread don't you Biri.:LOL: Who do you tip to win the derby Biri? I'll be havin 10 bob(50p) on a Seville win.UTMPB

You do realise you're now in Germaine's bad books for postin in this thread don't you Biri.:LOL: Who do you tip to win the derby Biri? I'll be havin 10 bob(50p) on a Seville win.UTMPB

I have held a Sevilla fc season ticket for the past 5 seasons Rod, so it's going to be strange watching our biggest match of the season on't telly with no fans present.

I have held a Sevilla fc season ticket for the past 5 seasons Rod, so it's going to be strange watching our biggest match of the season on't telly with no fans present.

Missed the derby 2 years ago. The buggers moved it back 24 hours at the last minute. Still had a fantastic time in Seville and then Cadiz.

Missed the derby 2 years ago. The buggers moved it back 24 hours at the last minute. Still had a fantastic time in Seville and then Cadiz.

Love Seville, love Cadiz and love Jerez..........but its Betis for me after I met a very dashing coach of theirs on the beach at Matalascanas :love:

Love Seville, love Cadiz and love Jerez..........but its Betis for me after I met a very dashing coach of theirs on the beach at Matalascanas :love:
At least we’re getting down to what’s important in a football club :rofl:

god help us when billy retires and gorgeous George phooks off 😱

Seville is probably my favourite city in the world. It has everything. I lean to Betis too. Not cos they had a hot coach but they're the working class outfit.
Am looking at buying a place about 90 mins from there in either Pruna or Olvera.

Absolutely love this place...

https://www.kyero.com/en/property/7028120-town-house-for-sale-pruna

Seville is probably my favourite city in the world. It has everything. I lean to Betis too. Not cos they had a hot coach but they're the working class outfit.
Am looking at buying a place about 90 mins from there in either Pruna or Olvera.

Absolutely love this place...

https://www.kyero.com/en/property/7028120-town-house-for-sale-pruna

Yep, Betis are the working class guys in Seville - tricky because they play in green and Sevilla in red - but from my time there, met a number Betis fans who were absolutely nuts about their team - proper fans.

Beautiful part of the world SBT - good luck if you go for it

The working class/upper class thing is often quoted by people who don't spend much time around these parts. Perhaps it was true during the early 1900's, but certainly not now.
Many families from every class are split between Sevilla and Betis, just the same as us and them from s6.
How do you explain that?

One other thing Sevilla & Betis have in common is that both clubs have had owners jailed for corruption.

There is a great book written by Colin Millar titled "The frying pan of Spain" that is all about the two Seville teams and their history if anyone is interested.
Seville:
One city.
Two clubs.
Separated by 4km.
Population circa 700,000.
Football season ticket holders circa 100,000.
Football is a way of life.
Read why in The Frying Pan of Spain!

Last edited:
La Liga tv chan to be free on Sky during June.

https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/news/s...can-enjoy-laligas-return-for-free-on-laligatv

The league made the announcement on Thursday morning, it was confirmed by La Liga that its TV channel LaLigaTV would be free for Sky TV customers in the UK for the month of June.

La Liga have also struck an agreement with broadcasting company MediaPro to make all football matches free in all nursing and retirement homes in Spain for the rest of the season.

The league plans to restart on Thursday 11 June with a Seville derby, with at least one match being played per day across the next 32 calendar days following the Spanish government giving the green light for football to return.

The working class/upper class thing is often quoted by people who don't spend much time around these parts. Perhaps it was true during the early 1900's, but certainly not now.
Many families from every class are split between Sevilla and Betis, just the same as us and them from s6.
How do you explain that?

One other thing Sevilla & Betis have in common is that both clubs have had owners jailed for corruption.

There is a great book written by Colin Millar titled "The frying pan of Spain" that is all about the two Seville teams and their history if anyone is interested.
Seville:
One city.
Two clubs.
Separated by 4km.
Population circa 700,000.
Football season ticket holders circa 100,000.
Football is a way of life.
Read why in The Frying Pan of Spain!

I was referring to origins Biri. There will be a number of reasons why someone leans the way they do similar to here. Family tradition, geographical location; (the Lane and sty are about the same distance apart) and who is in the ascendency when an individual takes an interest in football, peer pressure. Not an exhaustive list but probably the main ones.
Corruption is rife in all areas of society.

Funny how half my lot are Wendys but I still love 'em. It is how I expect it has always been and I feel hatred only came about in the 1960s/70's?