L1 & L2 Squad Size Next Season ? | Vital Football

L1 & L2 Squad Size Next Season ?

The article pretty much covers where we are up to - waiting for the EFL to either adapt it's plans or go to arbitration over it with the PFA.

One thing im not sure if the article mentions is you get as many under 20s as you like on top of the 20 squad cap. I also read it's 21 next season as we transition to 20 the following year.

Personally I like the idea of a squad cap as it limits bigger clubs hoarding talent but 20 is simply too low, i think 23 - 25 is more reasonable.

The article pretty much covers where we are up to - waiting for the EFL to either adapt it's plans or go to arbitration over it with the PFA.

One thing im not sure if the article mentions is you get as many under 20s as you like on top of the 20 squad cap. I also read it's 21 next season as we transition to 20 the following year.

Personally I like the idea of a squad cap as it limits bigger clubs hoarding talent but 20 is simply too low, i think 23 - 25 is more reasonable.

We had problems this season with injuries which I believe were due to our low squad size - I believe it’s not good and if they want to do it then it needs to be across the board and apply to the Championship teams also !

We had problems this season with injuries which I believe were due to our low squad size - I believe it’s not good and if they want to do it then it needs to be across the board and apply to the Championship teams also !

Our big issue was the kids all counted towards our 20 last season. Many of the kids we had to play due to lack of numbers weren't good enough but once they played once the took up a squad place and we couldn't bring anyone in. While next year the U20 players won't impact our ability to recruit other players.

We had problems this season with injuries which I believe were due to our low squad size !

Degsy, in total we had 37 players who actually played for us at some point last season, and a further 8 youngsters on the books that didn't play. The squad at any one time was very thin especially upto releasing some of the younsters in January.

P.S. I bet if all 45 had been on the pitch on Saturday JJ still wouldn't have set his wall up good enough to have kept that free kick out.

The thing i find hilarious is folk, whose football experience seems to be chasing a fuckin balloon around the back garden with the kids trying to tell professionals what they are doing right or wrong.

The injuries & the length of time it took for players to recover from them was down to us having next to no medical & sports science staff to come up with training & rest programmes & treatment programmes

The thing i find hilarious is folk, whose football experience seems to be chasing a fuckin balloon around the back garden with the kids trying to tell professionals what they are doing right or wrong.

So as someone with lots of professional experience I take it that you are fine with a squad size of 20 next season and don’t think it will impact on player recovery time from injuries. Is that correct ?

So as someone with lots of professional experience I take it that you are fine with a squad size of 20 next season and don’t think it will impact on player recovery time from injuries. Is that correct ?

Seems PFA with all their experience share our concern about squad size - so we might be onto something.

Who's on about squad size...not me.

In the world cup or Euro you have a 23 man squad. The Championship, Premier League and Champions league all have a squad size of 25.

So I don't think you need to have played professionally to realise a 20 man squad for L1 or L2 is leaving teams short.