Kyle Walker Peters | Vital Football

Kyle Walker Peters

Spursex

Alert Team
His body is developing now - rumours of all the work they've been doing on his upper body strength looked spot on.

Had a terrific game, another one of our own who looks like he can only get better.

Clearly has a fight on his hands for a starting place, but showed yesterday that he is a serious contender.

Last edited:
Beat me to it.

Tottenham youngster Kyle Walker-Peters has signed a new contract with the club until 2021.

The 21-year-old signed a new three-year deal back in August, days after making his Premier League debut in the opening-day win at Newcastle.

And he has now been rewarded for his progress, including his second league start of the campaign in Sunday's season-finale against Leicester, with a pay-rise and a one-year extension.

Just as at St James' Park, Walker-Peters was named man of the match in the 5-4 win against the Foxes after twice assisting Erik Lamela with pinpoint crosses in the second half.

Pochettino urges Levy to sell Tottenham's wantaway stars quickly

The right-back helped England to win the Under-20 World Cup last summer and broke into the U21 squad this season.

He has made nine appearances in all competitions and Mauricio Pochettino is eager to integrate Walker-Peters more fully into the first-team picture next season.

Walker-Peters has been behind Kieran Trippier and Serge Aurier in the pecking order at Spurs but the Ivorian has been inconsistent since joining for £23m from PSG last summ

I wish him nothing but the best because he is very clearly as smitten with Spurs as we all are. His face when we qualified for the ECL looked like what football was when we played in the park. He looks tidy fast as Rose if not Walker and with better delivery than both. If he is bright and can learn the positional stuff he could be the real deal another world class player fan. Here's Hoping he is the English Phillip Lahmn!!!!

I wish him nothing but the best because he is very clearly as smitten with Spurs as we all are. His face when we qualified for the ECL looked like what football was when we played in the park. He looks tidy fast as Rose if not Walker and with better delivery than both. If he is bright and can learn the positional stuff he could be the real deal another world class player fan. Here's Hoping he is the English Phillip Lahmn!!!!

Great summary of the situation.

yes after the Newcastle game, he stood in the tunnel with a huge smile and shook hands and congratulated each player walking off the pitch.. I thought that was class and highly mature.. Deli even looked at him funny like "aren't you gonna walk back with me" but he was just waiting for the rest of the guys... makes a few mistakes but don't they all. And at 21, i love his game, he just needs more game time like Robertson had at Liverpool this year.

He looks like a real wing back. He needs experience but he is worth the effort.

I would rather sell Aurier than Trippier. Then let him work with KWP.

He looks like a real wing back. He needs experience but he is worth the effort.

I would rather sell Aurier than Trippier. Then let him work with KWP.

we've only seen a transitional year from Aurier and he was on of three changes to the backline from last year.. he has sooooo much to improve mentally but he deserves at least another year. tripper we know for sure is a backup RB and will never be the grade required for a team challenging for the title. i can't believe some thought/think tripper is better or on par with Walker.

we know this position HAS to improve but there is enough talent there to give these three one year to wean out one if not two of them.

yes after the Newcastle game, he stood in the tunnel with a huge smile and shook hands and congratulated each player walking off the pitch.. I thought that was class and highly mature.. Deli even looked at him funny like "aren't you gonna walk back with me" but he was just waiting for the rest of the guys... makes a few mistakes but don't they all. And at 21, i love his game, he just needs more game time like Robertson had at Liverpool this year.

Sounds like KWP has Pochettino disease. Long may he suffer.

Tripps is very limited; his lack of genuine pace and his repeated stops, turns inside absolutely kills our attacks again and again - yes he can deliver a ball, but by the time he does, the oppsition have 10 men on their goal line.

Have no problem seeing him sold.

I've said it before but I'll say it again...

Trippier is only ever effective against the lesser teams where we have majority of the ball, against top quality opposition he often gets exposed, going forward is his strength.

If one had to go I'd sell Trippier. KWP must be given more opportunity next season, he's too good to be spending another season as 3rd choice.

Tripps is very limited; his lack of genuine pace and his repeated stops, turns inside absolutely kills our attacks again and again - yes he can deliver a ball, but by the time he does, the oppsition have 10 men on their goal line.

Have no problem seeing him sold.

Everything you mention there Walker did exactly the same. He would kill our attack time and time again. He would barely ever cross first time. He would always pause, then pass back or make a pointless pass/cross.

By the way Tripps had more assists in all competitions than Walker this season. 12 less games as well.

Anyway KWP is the future he is the one we need to focus on.

Buy back clause for Yedlin? Really big fan of KWP and gutted we haven't seen more of him this season. He hasn't had a bad game for us at RB and yet he's behind players who have both cost us points more than once.

Sometimes when Tripps gets his confidence up he's actually quite a good dribbler and can take defenders on. Unfortunately only seen it about 4 times this season.

Also think lack of a fit Wanyama has limited Davies and Tripps games when compared to last season. They've been playing with less freedom.