Kyle Walker Peters - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Kyle Walker Peters - Player Thread

This kid's break which hasn't been that many matches has seen him up against the likes of City, Barca, Juve...

He is very young and will make mistakes...but the experience he is getting will be massive. If he stays healthy...he will be great I think.

One mistake, other than that he has done great, really impressed. At times he was too close to Toby and he needs to tighten up his positional awareness.

Luckily for all of us, this wasn't Trippier.

He needs this season badly. At 23 Rose came back from Sunderland after a full premier league season under his belt, and still needed another season to really kick on.

KWP will do great.

Not good enough for me . Everyone keeps saying that he is a young kid . He is a young man. The true good players are already set by the age of 22 . Okay for a back up but we should have signed a better player

Not good enough for me . Everyone keeps saying that he is a young kid . He is a young man. The true good players are already set by the age of 22 . Okay for a back up but we should have signed a better player

So true. The THFC first team is not for players finding their feet. This is the real thing. The weak will be exploited. We were all concerned about the RB position well before the start of the season, and I agree that KWP will someday be good enough, but maybe a loan out was the answer and 12-20 mill on a decent replacement for Walker. I say Walker as we've never really recovered or invested after his sale.

So true. The THFC first team is not for players finding their feet. This is the real thing. The weak will be exploited. We were all concerned about the RB position well before the start of the season, and I agree that KWP will someday be good enough, but maybe a loan out was the answer and 12-20 mill on a decent replacement for Walker. I say Walker as we've never really recovered or invested after his sale.
100% agree. Let's be clear KWP by all accounts is a smashing lad (is that part of his problem? ) Everyone I have ever met associated with the club says he bleeds Spurs, but so did Andros Townsend. He wasn't good enough. I truly hope KWP is on a development curve that sees him match TAA but if it's in him first team football at Norwich or Sheffield United should be the laboratory. Because City ruthlessly targeted him.

KWP's physiology is probably the biggest concern. He'll be the shortest and weakest physically of all the top 6 full-backs. I don't doubt the talent but in a flat back four you do need a little bit more of what he can never have. Would be different if we were playing 3 at the back and wing-backs. What concerns me is that Foyth doesn't have the physiology either. He has the height and strength, but doesn't seem to have the pace to play full-back. You can't teach that either.

KWP's physiology is probably the biggest concern. He'll be the shortest and weakest physically of all the top 6 full-backs. I don't doubt the talent but in a flat back four you do need a little bit more of what he can never have. Would be different if we were playing 3 at the back and wing-backs. What concerns me is that Foyth doesn't have the physiology either. He has the height and strength, but doesn't seem to have the pace to play full-back. You can't teach that either.

Few RB's were slower than Trippier.

When both fit who do you pick at RB....KWP or Sanchez/ Foyth. This might sound like it has an obvious answer but does Poch see it that way ?

So had to bring the KWP debate back up. Starts in August against Villa, City and Newcastle and then in late Sep against Colchester. Don't really recall him making a match-day squad since. I think he had a hamstring issue at some point during Sep / Oct which explains some of it. However, definitely overlooked for Sissoko in one game.

What exactly is happening with him? I'm sort of thinking he just needs to get out of the club at the first opportunity. There's no point just making up the numbers because you're homegrown.

So had to bring the KWP debate back up. Starts in August against Villa, City and Newcastle and then in late Sep against Colchester. Don't really recall him making a match-day squad since. I think he had a hamstring issue at some point during Sep / Oct which explains some of it. However, definitely overlooked for Sissoko in one game.

What exactly is happening with him? I'm sort of thinking he just needs to get out of the club at the first opportunity. There's no point just making up the numbers because you're homegrown.
I think what you mentioned earlier in the thread about his height/strength is an issue as a fullback. I really like him. I haven’t seen many mistakes from him and when he messed up and got owned by dembele of Barcelona, he reacted brilliantly. He looks a wing back to me, just like all our other fullback types (bar Davies). Not sure how serge has been getting in ahead of him. Maybe he did plow Poch’s missus.

Long term I don't think he is good enough but for the rest of the season I would have him as our number 1 RB. He will give 100% and is a spurs boy which is needed right now.

Aurier is a terrible RB and is one of the worst I have ever seen here.

Long term I don't think he is good enough but for the rest of the season I would have him as our number 1 RB. He will give 100% and is a spurs boy which is needed right now.

Aurier is a terrible RB and is one of the worst I have ever seen here.
This he has earned a run can he really make more fatal mistakes that Aurier who dint even want to be here. It wont happen my big hope is we loan him to Palace and let Hodgson embarras Poch by turning him into a player even I'd it is not at Spurs.

It's not an accident that he he was ahead of ABW in the England setup until the other kid got a run of games to prove his worth. Worked out for him well. Just makes you wonder how good KWP can be.

If you look at his performances as a whole, he's proven to be capable against some very good opponents, and he has IMPACTED games positively when he's played.

I have done everything I can to crack the secrecy around his disappearance, and I can get nothing. Best was a comment that his hammy is just nagging, and with the issues others have had w the injury lately (Dele), they are being super careful.

I expect after January our RB's will be KWP & Foyth, and hopefully we'll find we are good at the position for awhile.

It's not an accident that he he was ahead of ABW in the England setup until the other kid got a run of games to prove his worth. Worked out for him well. Just makes you wonder how good KWP can be.

If you look at his performances as a whole, he's proven to be capable against some very good opponents, and he has IMPACTED games positively when he's played.

I have done everything I can to crack the secrecy around his disappearance, and I can get nothing. Best was a comment that his hammy is just nagging, and with the issues others have had w the injury lately (Dele), they are being super careful.

I expect after January our RB's will be KWP & Foyth, and hopefully we'll find we are good at the position for awhile.

I really hope your right mate.