Kyle Walker gone, well almost | Vital Football

Kyle Walker gone, well almost

Tino

Vital Reserves Team
BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City and Tottenham have reached agreement on sale of Kyle Walker over a fee worth £50m http://dailym.ai/2umyh4k

Medical tomorrow

Meh,

Just think its a joke we will now spend.

How many players have we lost whilst not spending before we get incoming.

I imagine we'll announce a few incomings at the same time. You don't want to sell someone for big money then start trying to buy as the selling team will just up the price of the player!

Well, that sort of money is insane. I love Walker and I don't begrudge him this move because he had opportunities to leave to bigger clubs a good few years ago. I seem to remember Man Utd trying quite hard to get him when Red Nose was still there but he was advised to stay and develop.

This move is about money. We all know that, but at his age, he's dedicated a number of years to us when he could have been earning much more elsewhere and I can appreciate his decision at this time. He signed off his time with us with a fantastic season, the last at WHL, and we are arguably getting the most we'd ever get for him.

If we sell him for £50-55m and sign Ricardo Pereira for the rumoured £20-22m, I think we'll be in good stead for next season despite the loss.

Critical_Spur - 13/7/2017 15:28

Be able to sign 10 x future Dele Alli's. :60:

I guess that is why we should keep faith in our methods. We don't spend big but we have made a real habit of signing some amazing players for very little money.

Well I always admired his athleticism and you could never question his work rate. For me he never really improved to the level he should have.

I don't have a problem with this deal for numerous reasons. We have had him at his peak and I don't think he will get better. The transfer fee is just madness.

I'm confident we will sign a RWB who is better defensively and going forward. I doubt we will get a better athlete mind.

His head was gone at the end of last season this is the right time to sell. Shame it wasn't done a lot sooner.

I read a report saying Sheffield U had a 10% sell-on clause, but who knows.

He has been on record before saying that he wanted to go back there to end his career too - Sheffield lad in his heart rather than a Spurs one.

If he goes to City, then I wish him good luck. £50m is good business for us.

I have made no secret of my opinion of him. Too much brawn not enough brain. But he has done his best and can't be faulted for effort. Good luck to him. Hope he don't do too well though. Maybe he is a plant to screw up their season so we can win the title.

£55 million as being reported is a crazy amount for a RB.

I don't think he'll reach the same levels in Citehs team, different tactics which don't seem to suit his game.

All In all don't think it's a bad deal for us and at least he gets to go make a shed load of money.

He has served is well but that transfer fee is ridiculous. Take it with open arms.
Sorry i dont think we do need to spend on a replacement. Tripp is more than capable in my opinion. Promote KWP as back up amd spend the money elsewhere.
Would rather Ineacheo was coming as part of the deal though.
£55m for a full back. Its a crazy world.

Well it's sad to see him go. He's been with us a long time and has always given his all whether things are good or bad.

It will be interesting to see how he handles the move. The massive price-tag, huge pressure and even bigger expectations. He tends to let those things impact on his performances, where he tries too hard and gets sloppy. Good luck to him though... but not against us though.

Given City's position and how good Walker is at his position. Disappointing it wasn't 50mill minimum.