Korea | Page 5 | Vital Football

Korea

That about sums it up, doesn't it. What is going on in that mans head? Not a lot, probably.

Have you read the agreement? So vague, and almost pointless. The only thing that sounded good was the return of soldiers remains that were MIA.

What happened to Trump saying they must denuclearise, before he'd even offer anything? Now he's inviting Kim to the WH.

Of course, lost in all the excitement has been the role played by Dennis Rodman in bringing the Korean peninsula to the brink of peace and denuclearisation. Where would we all be without him?

It’s amazing, it’s amazing, it’s amazing. When I said those things, when I went back home, I got so many death threats … and I believed in North Korea, and I couldn’t even go home, I couldn’t even go home, I had to hide out for 30 days, I couldn’t even go home.

But I took all those bullets, I took all at that … but I’m still standing. Today is a great day for everybody, Singapore, Tokyo, China, everybody … it’s a great day. I’m here to see it. I’m so happy.

:clap: :bow:

http://bit.ly/2LKW2rr

This sums it up quite nicely

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/12/trump-nuclear-north-korea-kim-jong-un

So Kim leaves Singapore having gained much of the international legitimacy the dynastic dictatorship has sought for decades.

And what did Kim give Trump in return for this bulging bag of goodies? The key concession, the one Trump repeatedly invoked, was a promise of “complete denuclearisation”. Trump held this aloft as if it were a North Korean commitment to dismantle its arsenal, with work beginning right away.

But this is where you need to look at the small print. First, the text itself says merely that, “The DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.” That’s a formulation worth unpacking. Note that Kim has promised not “complete denuclearisation” but simply “to work toward” that end. Negotiators the world over know that “work toward”, like “best endeavours”, is the fudging language you use when you’ve extracted something less than a real commitment. Kim has offered only an aspiration, with no deadline or timetable, not a concrete plan.

On the contrary, analysts say that the Singapore text’s reference to the Panmunjom declaration of April this year is a further signal that Pyongyang sees the denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula as part of a wider process of global disarmament. Put simply, Kim is saying he’ll get rid of his nuclear weapons only when Russia, China, the US and everyone else gets rid of theirs.

Sorry if I'm including too much of that article, but almost every paragraph is worth reading. Here's one more.

In his press conference, Trump praised himself for achieving a historic milestone that had eluded his predecessors. But it turns out that Pyongyang already offered very similar pledges in agreements it signed with the US in the early 1990s and in 2005. In fact, those earlier accords pushed the North Koreans much further: the former included an inspection regime, the latter a verification process.

So a murderous dictator and a sexual predator who is also a serial liar had a meeting behind closed doors and we are supposed to believe what they tell us about what happened?

To me this was nothing more than a photo opportunity.

And the same for Trump too Siggy :lol:

As expected...

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20180613000067

The series of photos on the front page of the ruling workers' party newspaper showed something North Koreans never would have imagined just months ago -- their leader Kim Jong-un warmly shaking hands with President Donald Trump.

Pyongyang's first reports Wednesday stressed to the North Korean people that Trump agreed at Kim's demand to halt joint military exercises with South Korea as long as talks toward easing tensions continue and suggested that Trump also said he would lift sanctions as negations progressed.

"President Trump appreciated that an atmosphere of peace and stability was created on the Korean Peninsula and in the region, although distressed with the extreme danger of armed clash only a few months ago, thanks to the proactive peace-loving measures taken by the respected Supreme Leader from the outset of this year,"

Trump has said that North Korea has great Beaches, and could have the best Hotels in the World.

I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but Trump owns a string of Hotel's. Certainly no conflict of interest here.
Yes, strange that. Reminds me of the trip to Israel and Saudi where somebody was going through the motions of setting up companies.

Sorry if I'm including too much of that article, but almost every paragraph is worth reading. Here's one more.

In his press conference, Trump praised himself for achieving a historic milestone that had eluded his predecessors. But it turns out that Pyongyang already offered very similar pledges in agreements it signed with the US in the early 1990s and in 2005. In fact, those earlier accords pushed the North Koreans much further: the former included an inspection regime, the latter a verification process.
Don't ruin it by letting facts get in the way.