Knuckle Dragger Derby. | Vital Football

Knuckle Dragger Derby.

League 2 is becoming farcical only one to be relegated and Macclesfield likely to be going out of business so potentially no one will be relegated.

It's funny how football fans are selective in their memories isn't it! How the codheads used to take the mick us for not selling out derby matches when we had been bobbing around near the bottom for years and how they gloated about what great support they had. Truth is our football clubs are similar we are in higher division and we now get great support. Whereas they have been at times getting less than 3,000 and there are loads of tickets left in the home areas for their much vaunted "Big" derby against Scunthorpe today. Well I hope that they spend as many years being as crap as we were and that their gates keep dropping to average sub 3,000.

I try not to gloat too much when you are so much more successful than your local rivals because what goes around comes around as the Codheads are finding out and long may it continue I say! Wouldn't it be great if we could get in The Championship while they were still scrambling around at the bottom of League 2.

It's funny how football fans are selective in their memories isn't it! How the codheads used to take the mick us for not selling out derby matches when we had been bobbing around near the bottom for years and how they gloated about what great support they had. Truth is our football clubs are similar we are in higher division and we now get great support. Whereas they have been at times getting less than 3,000 and there are loads of tickets left in the home areas for their much vaunted "Big" derby against Scunthorpe today. Well I hope that they spend as many years being as crap as we were and that their gates keep dropping to average sub 3,000.

I try not to gloat too much when you are so much more successful than your local rivals because what goes around comes around as the Codheads are finding out and long may it continue I say! Wouldn't it be great if we could get in The Championship while they were still scrambling around at the bottom of League 2.
Whilst I understand the sentiment, I personally much prefer Derby day and actually playing the cods, Scunny and to a (much) lesser extent notts and mansfail.

I love when we play and beat them. But obviously I much prefer being in league one and I can't honestly say I want them to be promoted... So after a rambling post u realize I am a hypocrite and want the best of both worlds - derby games and to be higher in the pyramid!!

Also I have it on good authority that we are not either cods or Scunny true derby and they don't care about us... Hmmm sour grapes?

There was a time when Grimsby used to turn up at the old show ground for our game with scunts. Grimsby wanted to be with us against them?
Makes me think scunts were more hated by grimsby back in the day.
I also remember a fair few of us popping over for scunts v Leeds. We didn’t like either, but hey ho!

Whilst I understand the sentiment, I personally much prefer Derby day and actually playing the cods, Scunny and to a (much) lesser extent notts and mansfail.

I love when we play and beat them. But obviously I much prefer being in league one and I can't honestly say I want them to be promoted... So after a rambling post u realize I am a hypocrite and want the best of both worlds - derby games and to be higher in the pyramid!!

Also I have it on good authority that we are not either cods or Scunny true derby and they don't care about us... Hmmm sour grapes?

I pretty much agree, for me the more derby days the better, love the atmosphere at them, having said that as long as we are playing as high up the pyramid as possible . Beats Oxford away on Boxing Day.

I didn’t realise Grimbury had only scored once in last 9 games. Could be their lucky year as this year looks like the one you might get away with being shite

I saw Van Veen scored the winner then ignored his own fans and ran to knee slide in front of the home fans. Seem to think he did the same at SB . Knob

I saw Van Veen scored the winner then ignored his own fans and ran to knee slide in front of the home fans. Seem to think he did the same at SB . Knob

I think that’s right, didn’t he show us his name on the back of his shirt.
I reckon we scored ourselves soon after whilst he was near the coop stand and some around me reciprocated by turning around. The ref said something to him (probably included the word karma) and to be fair to him he did raise a smile