Know any of them? | Vital Football

Know any of them?

Wonder whether any of those pictured are Rotherham followers ?

Happy for any troublermakers to be collared, but Rotherham fans were the ones who caused the incident ultimately by coming on to another team's pitch (and one who had just been relegated), which was obviously going to be met with a response and I'd be disappointed if it was only Gills "fans" who the OB were going after.

I'm guessing (and I have nothing to back this up with) that the Police are maybe letting the "entering the playing area" bit go but are going after people who committed other offences (weren't there some assaults reported?)

EDIT. Just read the article properly and there were reports of fighting and objects being thrown)

I'm guessing (and I have nothing to back this up with) that the Police are maybe letting the "entering the playing area" bit go but are going after people who committed other offences (weren't there some assaults reported?)

EDIT. Just read the article properly and there were reports of fighting and objects being thrown)
Yeah, none of these would’ve come on the pitch just for a kick around in their own area. The twats from both sides were fighting on the halfway line beyond where each should be going.

I have no issue with Rotherham fans on the pitch in their own goal area, and we would’ve probably done the same along with most teams in the circumstances. I personally think Gills fans had NO good reason to enter the field. I heard some pathetic excuses like “we were protecting our players” 😂

Sorry Steve, but it’s pure whataboutery.

To be fair, that would depend on whether you were one of the ones being assaulted.
Thing is, if the Police do nothing, it leaves the door open for everyone to fill their boots next time........plus we'd have a "what are the Police doing about it?" Thread.

I have no issue with Rotherham fans on the pitch in their own goal area, and we would’ve probably done the same along with most teams in the circumstances. I personally think Gills fans had NO good reason to enter the field. I heard some pathetic excuses like “we were protecting our players” 😂

Sorry Steve, but it’s pure whataboutery.

Were you at the Fulham game about a quarter of a century ago when we got promoted and we had about three times as many fans as the Millers did a couple of months ago? Our fans acted impeccably that day - 4000 fans stayed where they were in the away section and celebrated for some time with the players on the pitch. Rotherham could have easily done that, but a number of their fans chose to disrespect another team (made worse by us being relegated which they knew) and understandably to be brutally honest got the reaction they deserved and probably wanted. I don't condone Gills fans fighting or throwing objects, but, as they are going to be collared, the Rotherham fans who caused the incident should be collared too.

Perhaps I’m being naive but I very much doubt Kent police would issue photos of Rotherham supporters to Kentonline in the hope of finding them. Perhaps they’d send those photos to the Yorkshire Post or some other such publication.

Not excusing it, but it did all look like a bit of handbags.

As an aside though (and not to diminish any violence), the Rovrum manager had expressly asked their supporters to stay off the pitch prior to the game.

I'm surprised at one omission.
There was one toe rag in a pale grey hooded top and trousers - with long, black, shaggy hair, who was being aggressive later than that video:
i.e. when the stewards had formed a line, he persistently pushed past near the GR.

In the KOL clip he can be see near the GR, at 0:32, breaking free.
At 0:35, a steward grabs him. He retreats, then goes forward again.

IMO. his behaviour later than this clip was even more aggressive.

I'm surprised at one omission.
There was one toe rag in a pale grey hooded top and trousers - with long, black, shaggy hair, who was being aggressive later than that video:
i.e. when the stewards had formed a line, he persistently pushed past near the GR.

In the KOL clip he can be see near the GR, at 0:32, breaking free.
At 0:35, a steward grabs him. He retreats, then goes forward again.

IMO. his behaviour later than this clip was even more aggressive.

Was that perhaps a Rotherham fan? As mentioned above, maybe they’d be circulating that one up north not via KoL.

Although how would the Police know where any particular fan was from? I’d have thought they’d circulate pics of all persons of interest to both clubs and areas.

There may well be others who have already been identified and are already being dealt with. Many minor offences where a suspect has been ID'd are dealt with by being invited into a station for interview which would explain why there have been no arrests. These people may also be shown the photos to try to identify others.
There are a number of conditions that must be fulfilled before police can arrest, if someone is identified but none of the conditions are met, they will be dealt with in this way.

Explained here......

https://hnksolicitors.com/advice/necessity-to-arrest-explained/

I saw the pics on Meridian last night, and recognised more than half. Anyone who is near the back of Block 3 of the RE would know their faces. They've probably renewed their ST'S...