Knob end (home) | Vital Football

Knob end (home)

Made in Wigan

Vital Champions League
Difficult to call this one as knob end have nothing left to play for and have a number of absentees. However you have to wonder how much has been taken out of the lads playing with ten men for most of the game a few days ago in warm weather. Maybe freshen up the team up front and on the wings. Powell perhaps to sign off with us in style.

Whilst psychologically I think the two results on Friday will be telling on Rotherham, it would be dangerous to write them off and think the job was done. Think I'd take a point now if it was on offer tbh, though I'll write 'em off again and predict another defeat.

If you're tipping us to lose MiW, that's fine by me. ?

I wouldn't say I'd take a point right now, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

This should be a good game. A point for us, and anything but a win for Rotherham, would effectively guarantee our safety imo. Can't see Rotherham getting much at all from their final 2.

For those not sure on the maths.

We win/Rotherham fail to win = Guaranteed safety
We draw/Rotherham lose = All but guaranteed safety due to goal difference.

Anything else and the relegation fight goes on. It wouldn’t be Latics to just win comfortably as I said in another thread and considering how we’ve normally done at home recently against lesser teams I’ll go for a nervy draw. If we’re drawing with 10 minutes to go I don’t think we’ll go for it and risk losing the point. An early goal ala Bolton would be massive.

We've had a bad habit of fading in games this season and Fridays monumental effort will undoubtedly play a factor too so i think it will be very tough.

We've strung two strong performances in a row for the first time since Sept but there's no guarantee we'll make it three - we've had good blips then gone back to sleep so many times this season we cant take anything as a given. I'd like to think our tails were up now and we'll throw the kitchen sink at a on the beach Preston but it wouldn't be Latics to do something easy and get safe early. So I'm nervous about this one.

I fancy Rotherham to beat Birmingham so getting a result tomorrow is vital for us.

The sun will shine on the costa del duggie revenge will be had for the away drubbing and survival to be confirmed
If it all comes off this will be up there with the best Easter weekends ever.
Then again it's Tics :eek!:

Preston have 9 potential first teamers out injured / suspended:

Pearson, Clarke, Browne, Harrop, Hughes, Potto, Barker, Barkhuizen and Bodin.

Some of those will be heavy misses but they've still got some good players like Robinson so they will be no push overs.

Our appeal of Kipres red has been rejected by FA - absolute piss take. Blatently hits his chest FA trying to cover for yet another terrible ref by backing him when they can clearly see the video evidence he's wrong. The FA and refs this season have been a disgrace.

Last edited:
Having seen the incident that is absolute joke - it clearly hits his chest and is no where near his hands. To give it real time is one thing but I fail to see why it hasn't been overturned. Just like with var, it's utterly useless if you've still got fuckwits interpreting it and making decisions.

Edit: time flies, the ref tomorrow has made massive howlers wrongly against us in 3 of the last 4 Wigan games he's reffed. Which is why he hadn't reffed us for 12 months.

I think Villa will beat Millwall, but I think Rotherham can beat Birmingham. Today's result can have a big affect on our season for sure.
Ideal scenario would see us securing our safety today, and being able to promote a couple of youth players such as Gelhardt and Maffeo into the squad for the last 2 games, to give them some experience.

Having seen the incident that is absolute joke - it clearly hits his chest and is no where near his hands. To give it real time is one thing but I fail to see why it hasn't been overturned. Just like with var, it's utterly useless if you've still got fuckwits interpreting it and making decisions.
That's f##kin unbelievable that the decision hasn't been overturned

Difficult to call this one as knob end have nothing left to play for and have a number of absentees. However you have to wonder how much has been taken out of the lads playing with ten men for most of the game a few days ago in warm weather. Maybe freshen up the team up front and on the wings. Powell perhaps to sign off with us in style.

Whilst psychologically I think the two results on Friday will be telling on Rotherham, it would be dangerous to write them off and think the job was done. Think I'd take a point now if it was on offer tbh, though I'll write 'em off again and predict another defeat.
Best midfield we've had all season .and at home we will do nob.end up the tics ?