Klopp would coach in England... | Vital Football

Klopp would coach in England...

Spursex

Alert Team
I recall a good few here musing that given the chance they'd go get him, I do wonder of if things went south if he'd consider managing us...!!?

Jurgen Klopp: England is the only other country I would want to coach in if I left Borussia Dortmund

Jurgen Klopp has twice guided Borussia Dortmund to the German title and also reached the Champions League final of 2013

Looking to the future: Jurgen Klopp has ambitions of coaching in the Premier League Photo: GETTY IMAGES
Jeremy Wilson

By Jeremy Wilson

5:09PM GMT 21 Nov 2014

Jurgen Klopp has opened the door to a Premier League move by admitting that England is the only other country in which he would work and that he would happily talk with interested clubs.

Klopp will bring his Borussia Dortmund team to the Emirates next Tuesday in the Champions League and is regarded among the best and most charismatic young coaches in Europe.

Although Dortmund are currently languishing down in 15th place in the Bundesliga, Klopp has twice guided his team to the German title and also reached the Champions League final of 2013.

He was previously pursued by Chelsea and is believed to feature prominently on the succession-planning list at ars*nal for Arsene Wenger. His potential availability, though, would also be of interest to other Premier League clubs, with Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool all having made disappointing starts to the season.

Wenger signed a new three-year contract at ars*nal after winning his fifth FA Cup earlier in the year.

Regarding working in England, Klopp said: "I think it's the only country I think where I should work, next to Germany because it's the only country I know the language a little bit and I need the language for my work. If somebody will call me, then we will talk about it."

Klopp is into his seventh year at Dortmund but denied having some special plan to leave a particular legacy.

"Not when I was starting no," he said. "When I came here I thought 'OK now I can work as a normal coach, two or three years - next club, next city'. I'm really interested in life, it's not important for me to stay for a long time in the same place.

"My children are old enough to stay alone, that's not the problem. I am here for more than six years, I don't know when it will end, I don't think about this. But it's not my idea to build a legacy. We will see, as long as it's successful and we can develop everything, we shouldn't change."

Klopp also admitted that he can't guarantee the future of Marco Reus, who is coveted by a series of leading European clubs. Dortmund have also lost Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski in recent seasons to Bayern Munich.

"We had very successful years and we couldn't keep all these players," said Klopp. "Not all of them stayed here. They had their own dreams, their own situations, different ideas, whatever. So we will see. The most important thing is the story of this club will go on. We'll have to do it with other players. It's not our idea to keep this team together until the end, until they're 34 and they go away. That was not the idea. We did it because of the potential of these players."

Watch the interview in full on SportsHUB, BT Sport's news and information show, (Saturday 22nd) on BT Sport 1 from 3pm. Klopp also features in the European Football Show on Sunday (BT Sport 1 from 6.30pm), culminating in live coverage of the Milan derby.

I think he's a brain on him and go to La Liga - why bother to take on all the extra stresses of EPL ? He seems to be a laid back fella.

Devon Spur - 2/12/2014 08:30

Dortmund are in crisis at the moment. Go look at the Bundesliga table.

Dortmund have reap what they sowed (we complain about levy) they have repeatedly sold their best players year after year. This is why they are bottom Klopp has worked a miracle keeping them competitive. They have now hit the inevitable wall and If we are not very careful from here on(the stories of Vertonghen and Loris's departure are again gathering pace) we will end up the same way. Despite all this I'd back Klopp to get them out of it and right now I would swap him for Mopo....

spurdon - 2/12/2014 14:28

Devon Spur - 2/12/2014 08:30

Dortmund are in crisis at the moment. Go look at the Bundesliga table.

Dortmund have reap what they sowed (we complain about levy) they have repeatedly sold their best players year after year. This is why they are bottom Klopp has worked a miracle keeping them competitive. They have now hit the inevitable wall and If we are not very careful from here on(the stories of Vertonghen and Loris's departure are again gathering pace) we will end up the same way. Despite all this I'd back Klopp to get them out of it and right now I would swap him for Mopo....

Dortmund are Bayern's feeder club, I still think Klopp is a top manager just waiting for a top club.

With the rules on ffp (financial fair play) being what they are, I doubt Dortmund will ever be able to take on Bayern with a level playing field. Citeh are the last team in England who will advance like they and Chavski before them have. Jack Warner and Blackburn anyone? It will never happen again. The rich clubs are in a position to soak up all the wealth from the CL. The only way to join that elite used to be with a wealthy backer. Now of course that is illegal, the elite must be protected at all costs.
Michel Platini destroyer of football in a truly competitive formula.

pokerfaced - 4/12/2014 16:35

With the rules on ffp (financial fair play) being what they are, I doubt Dortmund will ever be able to take on Bayern with a level playing field. Citeh are the last team in England who will advance like they and Chavski before them have. Jack Warner and Blackburn anyone? It will never happen again. The rich clubs are in a position to soak up all the wealth from the CL. The only way to join that elite used to be with a wealthy backer. Now of course that is illegal, the elite must be protected at all costs.
Michel Platini destroyer of football in a truly competitive formula.

:1: :1: :1: :1:

He seems the sort of guy that likes a challenge, ars*nal looks likely but I wouldn't completely rule him out for us should Poch not do the business this season

His failure at Dortmund and Poch's hotch potch job ag Spurs, could have put him in line for a move to WHL. Having said that, would Levy entertain an individual character like Klopp? I dont think so.