KippaxBlue | Vital Football

KippaxBlue

Skoorb

Alert Team
After a nudge from jk (:hug:i - well done jk - :thumbup:) who raised concern about the absence of KippaxBlue (Richard Tucker) from our site this season - he has not posted any of his usual photographs from home games.​
I have made contact with Richard and confirmed that he is ok.​
Unfortunately a combination of health issues an the situation for Covid19 has meant that he had to take a difficult decision and not renew his season ticket. Given that is he 91 years of age (!) think would all agree that his decision makes sense.​
Sadly though this means that we will no longer be able to share his fantastic photographs on VMC and I know we will all miss the fan’s eye view that he was able to provide for us.​
He will be following games on television and has created a new page on his website where he will be adding his comments on the matches and all City related news - https://www.rtfract.com/city2022.html
His website - https://www.rtfract.com/index.htm - is an absolute treasure trove of both his connection with our beloved club but also of his life - one which has seen him undertake many travels and use his skills as a freelance photographer to mark his life’s journey. I would suggest setting aside some time to check it out what is a fabulous record - it is remarkable in my opinion.​
I am checking with Richard to see whether he would be happy to receive emails from VMC members should anyone wish to keep in touch.​
Details below of his email reply to me.​
He has provided us with sterling service on VMC and as a true blue for many, many years we should nurture and cherish the opportunity to enjoy his contribution to our site and the club. I will be seeing whether anything can be done to bring this fantastic archive of material to the attention of the club as it deserves some recognition.​
Skoorb.​
Thank you for your kind letter. Alas I had to fail to renew my season ticket this season for the first time for 4000 years - it feels like that!
Alas I am over 91 and developed some medical issues that made it difficult to travel and with the present virus situation I had to make a very difficult decision. I am able to watch most games on TV and will be expressing some comments on my 2021-2022 page - https://www.rtfract.com/city2022.html.
I was able to attend the final game last season - lucky in the draw - so it was a nice way to finish.
Best wishes
Richard

His latest update

"An outstanding City display overcame Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. It was a game of two halves - Chelsea just defended in the first 45 minutes City having almost 70% of possession and alas Chelsea just blocked everything despite the efforts of Foden and Grealish. Ederson hardly had to touch the ball. It was difficult to realize that Chelsea were at home!​
However shortly after the start of the second half City took a short corner and the ball eventually came to Jesus who turned and despite being surrounded by defenders he shot for goal and luckily for City the ball was deflected by a Chelsea player and ended up in the net.​
Chelsea then had to change their game and the City defence did really well to keep a clean sheet. Dias and Cancelo played on top form. Bernardo Silva too had a good game working his socks off all over the park. Rodri too was back to form in front of the back four. The only player to make the odd bad pass was De Bruyne - I'm sure he is saving his very best for PSG and Liverpool!​
With Chelsea having to attack in the second half it gave City more chances to score and Grealish had one good shot brilliantly saved ..Other good efforts were blocked so it might have been more than one nil. City were excellent going forward and relentless in getting the ball back if they lost it. It was Pep's 221st win at the club and it beat Les McDowall's record of 220 in 592 games. Pep has done it in 303​
I actually saw Les McDowall play for City in the very first ever City game I saw at Maine Road in 1943 against Blackpool in the war cup. Some bloke called Matthews played in that game too!. I later watched many of the games when he was manager."​

His latest update

"An outstanding City display overcame Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. It was a game of two halves - Chelsea just defended in the first 45 minutes City having almost 70% of possession and alas Chelsea just blocked everything despite the efforts of Foden and Grealish. Ederson hardly had to touch the ball. It was difficult to realize that Chelsea were at home!​
However shortly after the start of the second half City took a short corner and the ball eventually came to Jesus who turned and despite being surrounded by defenders he shot for goal and luckily for City the ball was deflected by a Chelsea player and ended up in the net.​
Chelsea then had to change their game and the City defence did really well to keep a clean sheet. Dias and Cancelo played on top form. Bernardo Silva too had a good game working his socks off all over the park. Rodri too was back to form in front of the back four. The only player to make the odd bad pass was De Bruyne - I'm sure he is saving his very best for PSG and Liverpool!​
With Chelsea having to attack in the second half it gave City more chances to score and Grealish had one good shot brilliantly saved ..Other good efforts were blocked so it might have been more than one nil. City were excellent going forward and relentless in getting the ball back if they lost it. It was Pep's 221st win at the club and it beat Les McDowall's record of 220 in 592 games. Pep has done it in 303​
I actually saw Les McDowall play for City in the very first ever City game I saw at Maine Road in 1943 against Blackpool in the war cup. Some bloke called Matthews played in that game too!. I later watched many of the games when he was manager."​
As JK says, the man is an absolute treasure. :tophat: