Kioso | Vital Football

Kioso

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Rumoured, by Mail and Northern Echo, to be leaving for Luton Town in a six figure transfer (£100k)
More good business, or selling off the assets?

Good business definitely. It's a fact of life in the lower leagues that decent players leave for "bigger" clubs. You can't stand in the way of a young player who wants to do well.

What does annoy is when players get ideas above themselves - usually from agents - and try to avoid the inconvenience of a contract. Kioso seems to have played by the book so good luck to him and Kabamba. Hopefully the cash coming in will allow us to strengthen the squad.

It is now official that Kioso has left Pools for Luton. I can only wish him well and every success, he always gave his all for Pools and was evident that better things lay ahead for him.

However, Pools now need to resolve the right back position.
- move Donaldson there permanently
- Richardson, though he seems injury prone, to establish himself as first choice
- bring in a player from outside of the club
are all feasible, but whichever way it needs to be resolved PDQ

Out of the loop for a couple of days and it all kicks off. Just found out Kioso and Kabamba have gone.

Glad Challinor has moved swiftly but we still need to uncover a goal scorer or have we signed one of them too and I missed it?

:red:

It certainly seems that Challinor is trying to reshape the squad with the arrival of Keena, and the two lads yesterday, plus the rumoured extension to Liddle's loan.
Not sure what it says for the prospects of the likes of Richardson, Anderson, Cunningham, Muir or Kennedy. As always we seem to have players who either can't perform consistently, or are injured long term.

Pools now have 5 loanees, so I'd assume any further recruits will be permanent signings?

Last edited: