King's Lynn | Vital Football

King's Lynn

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Are currently in a poor run of form, but as we all know that will mean nothing to Pools!

The added effort put in last Saturday with only ten men must have an impact on players energy and stamina, hence I'm going for a, hopeful, draw - probably goalless - as I can't see Pools being able to score (more than one) without a more potent strike force.

Yes I think the most likely result will be a draw but can Pools play 90 minutes with 11 men? I wouldn't be surprised if we lost 1-0. We are due a defeat and are always likely to concede from a set piece or an error. I must admit, I'm starting to lose my enthusiasm.

Well Pools managed a draw, coming from behind twice, but we really need to be winning these games if we are to be pushing for promotion.
Good news is that Torquay lost, bad news Sutton won again!

Well Pools managed a draw, coming from behind twice, but we really need to be winning these games if we are to be pushing for promotion.
Good news is that Torquay lost, bad news Sutton won again

Sutton nailed on certs for automatic promotion I feel. We are fortunate that the other teams around us are quite erratic but these constant draws are killing us. Fingers crossed we can make the play offs. Our defence is decent but not quite good enough. Our attack is just not good enough which is why we cant keep up with the likes of Sutton. I must admit that after the superb run round Christmas time I was getting quite excited but now reality is setting in.

Trying to be positive, we've got 50points and even in a normal season would be safe from relegation 😁

Think some of the players are running on empty due to the Saturday, Tuesday schedule and the distances being travelled. Not to mention playing significant amounts of the last two games with 10 men.

Running on empty is fair enough but it is the same for the other teams around us, notably Sutton although they don't seem to get on the wrong side of referees the way we do. Anyhow, I don't mean to moan, I guess the gradual strangulation of expectation as points are dropped game after game is getting to me.