King Kong In Brum | Vital Football

King Kong In Brum

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Anyone remember?

And a few of you younger folks, I've talked about this before and you thought I as on the wind up. Here is proof! LOL

Attachments

• 1383527_10202190974562742_768957259_n.jpg
    1383527_10202190974562742_768957259_n.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, I remember King Kong, and the little fair bit at the entrance to the Bull Ring.

It is really wierd now, going into Brum and standing on High Street, trying to visualise what it was like.

It is about 50 yrds from the Pavillions to the new Bull Ring, and yet, before the remake, you had to walk for ages, under the underpass where Argos was, down the side of that shitty shop that owned the Blues, whatever it was called, round the corner, past Woolworths, and down the side of the Veg market.

Wierd ?

Pssssst its a model and not really a freakily large primate who loves Faye Wray!

holtelower - 3/10/2013 14:41

Yeah, I remember King Kong, and the little fair bit at the entrance to the Bull Ring.

It is really wierd now, going into Brum and standing on High Street, trying to visualise what it was like.

It is about 50 yrds from the Pavillions to the new Bull Ring, and yet, before the remake, you had to walk for ages, under the underpass where Argos was, down the side of that shitty shop that owned the Blues, whatever it was called, round the corner, past Woolworths, and down the side of the Veg market.

Wierd ?

Yes there was also a sex shop there :91:

oh blimey, yes, right by the kids roundabout etc. Very appropriate place to put it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd totally forgotten about that. Always asking mom what it was (as its windows were totally covered)

Was only 9 in 72 and the only reason I ventured into Brum in them days was when my uncle took me to the Villa.To go to the Bull Ring would have been a day trip from school or somert.The last time I went into the Bull Ring I got lost was stuck in there for thirty minutes walking round in circles going up and down escalators walking into car parks and going across that footbridge across the road a couple of times and all I was trying to do was take a short cut to the boozer.Ended up coming out totally the wrong side and walking right the way round the big daft thing never again have i ventured in there.Oh and no i don't remember King Kong being there.

Yup I remember that well. It was more original than the bull sculpture they have there now, which was ripped off from the bull they have in Wall St, New York. I should know, I worked for the company that commissioned it!

It travelled from there and ended up in a car lot if I remember rightly, the King Kong Car Co or something similar.