Kidney Stones? | Vital Football

Kidney Stones?

CM

Vital Champions League
Went home from work doubled up In pain yesterday evening, had a mug of tea went to bed at 5 till this morning, in agony all night. Didn’t go into work today and seen the doc at 3 pm, he said he was 99% sure that it was a kidney stone. On four different lots of tablets. Pain is still excruciating , has anyone ever had this before? How long before the pain subsides, my Mrs is a nurse but basically she said it differed from person to person and that I should just man the fuck up, think she had a bad day inA&E today.

Have had 2 lots of them CM, first one I was told to drink a litre of water an hour, together with tablets, managed to piss that one out, and we caught it, that was 18 years ago.

The other one was last April, started on a Monday with cramps in my side, and feeling like I needed a shit all the time, couple of paracetamol and was Ok for work next day, which was spent in lofts at all sorts of angles, which is where I probably dislodged it properly. Got home mid afternoon, could not keep anything down, was being sick more than I could take down, ended up in hospital at tea time, and after an age had an MRI that showed a 7mm stone, Off to Freeman hospital full of morphine (good gear), was let out on Thursday morning, with a host of tablets I would not take inc tramadol, and something else, went in next day and had it zapped by sound waves I think, pissed out gravel and blood, and been ok since. Pain is biblical with that size stone, docs could not believe my pain threshold, maybe Ashley has something to do with it!!

Get yourself to A&E if the pain makes you physically sick.

Cheers for that lads. The Doc gave me anti biotics, anti inflammatory tabs painkillers and something to line my stomach. I have never had pain like this before. Reluctant to take all those meds tbh, morphine dreams sound nice. I was working in Dublin a few weeks back and bought a bottle of Connemara peated malt whiskey for a special occasion......I think I will hammer it tonight it will cheer me up if nothing else.

The doc wants shooting if he gave you antibiotics for a kidney stone. Drink plenty of water and take the painkillers if it doesnt resolve within 24 hours then its time to go to a+e to get your bloods done to make sure the blockage is not affecting your kidney function.

Bruce68 - 3/3/2018 16:19

The doc wants shooting if he gave you antibiotics for a kidney stone. Drink plenty of water and take the painkillers if it doesnt resolve within 24 hours then its time to go to a+e to get your bloods done to make sure the blockage is not affecting your kidney function.

The tablets he prescribed are Contilfo XL,MacroBID Nitrofurantoin,Naproxen and Omperazole Bruce. He said the he prescribed 5 days anti biotics because I am diabetic and as I am passing Rosetta coloured urine he was afraid an infection may set in, notmally he wouldn’t prescribe them,blood tests on wed morning plus a scan, pain is so much better today but last night was rough unreal pain.

Just had a wee, urine not as brown slightly yellow, several pieces of a grey/ black substance floatin about, pain is now lower down and not as intense, it’s pissibly passing or the pain killers have numbed it.

Sorry for being so graphic.

Wish my Mrs was here as I could have showed her but she is on lates this weekend.

CM - 3/3/2018 19:07

Bruce68 - 3/3/2018 16:19

The tablets he prescribed are Contilfo XL,MacroBID Nitrofurantoin,Naproxen and Omperazole Bruce. He said the he prescribed 5 days anti biotics because I am diabetic and as I am passing Rosetta coloured urine he was afraid an infection may set in, notmally he wouldn’t prescribe them,blood tests on wed morning plus a scan, pain is so much better today but last night was rough unreal pain.

Just had a wee, urine not as brown slightly yellow, several pieces of a grey/ black substance floatin about, pain is now lower down and not as intense, it’s pissibly passing or the pain killers have numbed it.

Sorry for being so graphic.

Wish my Mrs was here as I could have showed her but she is on lates this weekend.

I know we've had our run ins but wouldn't wish that on you .

Make sure you keep on eye on that urine. Hopefully over the worst of it now and you're moving stones out. Any changes back to brown colour or increase in the level of pain again follow Bruce's advice and get yourself to hospital.

Cheers Keggy, doubled up again Mrs coming home soon, she reckons I need to get to Aand E ASAP.

Your wife will have your best interests at heart CM. Had it not been for my better half and then the magnificent NHS then I wouldn't be here. Take care.

Get yourself up to the hospital CM you only get two kidneys and with the diabetes you dont want to fuck around, if you are bleeding then there is a chance the stone is lodged in the ureter and the risk is the urine backs up into the kidney and causes damage.

In hospital since last night, been asleep most of the time on heavy duty pain killers every few hrs that have me zonked out. They gave me an injection down below to try and break the thing up, no luck as I hav3nt passed it.Having a scan tomorrow to see what the story is with them, then they will either put a tube up my Jap Eye and zap it or ultra sound it I think he said, I was rather stoned when they were explaining it to me.,TBH I would far prefer the latter, Food here is awful ,visitor for next door went out and got me a Burger King which I never eat and it turned out to be the highlight of my day. My brother brought me in a charged battery pack for my phone which is also a boost and a book whichI don’t think I will manage to read. Some fit nurses here but they all know my Mrs so no flirting from me, plus the one that has been pressing on my groin every so often is a beast so no re enacting that wonderful scene from the singing detective where he kept getting a stiffy when the fit nurse massaged him. Mind you if the fit looking Indian one does it later and it happens I can put it down to a natural reaction.......wonder will my Mrs accept that?

Much rather have it blasted with ultrasound CM, when I had the larger one, they did talk about putting something in my thigh, and fishing it out with that, some sort of stent.

The ultrasound is not really comfortable, you sit in a puddle of water, then they progressively increase the shock to the stone, until it breaks down, I was in for an hour, Came out took a bright red piss, feeling bits come down the pipe, and was OK in a couple of days.

All the nurses when I was in hospital were like Hattie Jaques!!!!!

It depends on the location and size of the stone daftlad as to what is the best treatment if you are getting backflow into the kidney then a jj stent is the best option as it helps the kidney drain.

Bruce68 - 5/3/2018 10:50

It depends on the location and size of the stone daftlad as to what is the best treatment if you are getting backflow into the kidney then a jj stent is the best option as it helps the kidney drain.

Cheers Bruce, they must have been concerned at the movement of mine to suggest the stent, however getting it blasted, although uncomfortable, was an easy solution, just at 7mm, took a bit of breaking down!!!

Thank you so much for the advice chaps, back home knackered and sore. They stuck a tube thing up my penis into my bladder and up my ureter and zapped the stone, they also put a stent in the ureter to allow better passage from my kidney. Have to go back next week to have it removed. My poor todger will never be the same again I fear. My Jap eye looks like it’s gone ten rounds with Tyson. Heavy pain is gone I hope. Have to drink fluids but not in the mood yet of peeing as i reckon it could be agony. Strange minds that some people have devising these sort of treatments.

Ps So you reckon a glass of whiskey as a night cap would be recommended.

Don't worry about drinking loads, I was a bit reluctant, but after one piss I was fine.
They will advise you to drink more fluids during the day, some of the amounts they said to me were unobtainable, I would be at the bog all the time.

Anyway, main thing is your mended, Good Luck.

daftladguy - 5/3/2018 19:06

Don't worry about drinking loads, I was a bit reluctant, but after one piss I was fine.
They will advise you to drink more fluids during the day, some of the amounts they said to me were unobtainable, I would be at the bog all the time.

Anyway, main thing is your mended, Good Luck.

Cheers DLG, glad to be home, dog whinging for me to walk him, two kids bickering and looking for help with homework, Corrie on loud on two TV’s normal domestic chaos. Bliss lol. Gonna take myself up stairs soon and watch tonight’s footy. I hate Manure but hope they manage to do Palace tonight. Oh and her indoors hid my booze, not even worth asking for it.