"Kick ins" debated as a possibility | Vital Football

"Kick ins" debated as a possibility

Can you imagine.....
The kick in wasn't taken from the right place.
The ball wasn't on the line.
The ball was moving when the kick in was taken.
And if you can't be offside from a kick in there will will a hell of a lot of launching long balls for players to run onto from kick ins.

Should be a really smooth transition if implemented.

I think it’s more likely that most ‘kick-ins’ would be taken from the right spot (or nearer to it) with less scope for the 10-step (or more) throw-in, but they don’t need the extra distance with kick-ins because they can launch it further. It’ll be like a FK from their own half. Don’t like the idea at all, though I can imagine some “innovative thinker” in the EFL hierarchy thinking it would make the game more exciting, especially the last 10 minutes or so. I love “innovative thinkers” - used to work with some 🤪🤬🙈

How can this possibly help the Premiership, surely this has to be the first consideration in anything implemented by the governing body

These are all Arsene Wenger ideas. And he is getting paid for them. Can't he just retire gracefully and stop fu----g about with the game we all love.

I'm sure any new rule which ends up being implemented (and it won't be kick-ins, the FA have trialled this before and binned it) will be something to do with what keepers can and cannot do, it always is...

Kick ins will almost definitely replace throw ins at some point it is inevitable when what all know is coming happens.

Outdoor football will become like indoor six a side where the ball won't be allowed above shoulder height because inevitably (although hopefully not for a good few years) heading of the ball will be banned. The restrictions are creeping in already and the more studies and legal claims that come about because of dementia claims from heading the ball it will almost certainly be taken out of the game so in that case kick ins will happen because throw ins have the ball above the head.

It's just how society is going and I think you just have to accept it is an inevitability. Just the same as in 30 or 40 years time (or maybe sooner) you won't be allowed to drive your own vehicle because of the risks as you won't get insurance and the vehicle will do it for you so that you cannot be sued.

Just how it is and you have to accept it.