Khaldoon's interview | Vital Football

Khaldoon's interview

The group is committed and it was notable that he too had seen the comments that initially when they came that the deriding comments about their intentions, which has truly been put to bed.

It had to be one of the most spectacular takeovers of any Club, to transform City from a YoYo club with a brilliant Roller Coaster, to virtually start from scratch and try and sell the club to backers.

The detractors who know who they are tried everything to derail this project that it has made them one of the most successful in the business with no debt and making a profit.

In 10 years 7 Major Titles - 3 Premier League, 1 FA Cup and 3 League Cups. I will not count The Community Shield (Charity Cup) as this clearly is a pre-season friendly (apparently Maureen refers to it as a Trophy)

The Club will continue to grow and hopefully, more titles will come to Manchester City who has had an extraordinary season which would be hard to improve on even by City themselves.

I know this has been said many times and we do thank Shiekh Mansour and The Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak for choosing our club.

When Sheikh Mansour bought our club it was the equvalent of us winning the Euromillions jackpot. I still can’t quite believe our luck and I will never, ever take it for granted. Just remembering how I felt when we dropped into the 3rd division will ensure I never will.

I thought why would anyone buy our club when the world richest club was just outside the town, but they did and what a fabulous job they have done, not just coming in and buying players but they literally ripped up the club and surrounding area and have transformed it from a rundown part of Manchester to one which has brought employment to this part of Manchester, where I worked for nearly two decades a transformation for the better

:clap: They have done an outstanding job. The visible signs of their investment are plain for all to see but they are to be applauded also for the utterly essential transformation of the Club and support network behind the scenes which have underpinned the on-field success.

They have created a thoroughly professional back office which can ensure the longevity of their investment. Prior to the takeover the behind the scenes operations were a mess and not the basis to found a successful club. Their overhaul of this aspect of the club has been as critical as the recruitment of the players who have delivered the trophies.

I will always be grateful for the way in which they have transformed our club and turned City from the butt of jokes to the focus of envious eyes and (if they are honest) jealousy as they wish it had been their club that had been chosen. :tophat: