Key staff | Vital Football

Key staff

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Send to be a shift in key personnel leaving the club.

Kensell is going

Our lead European scout chris jones seems to be on the move to palace.

And now Webber's right hand man and friend Kieran Scott, who is our head of recruitment is being linked with Middlesbrough for the sporting director job.

If they both go that's two big holes in the scouting network gone.

I honestly thought Scott would be Webber's successor.

Me too Bears, but he wants to scout for the Prem again so I dont reckon he's going anywhere for this season as it will only increase his CV if he stays in later years

Send to be a shift in key personnel leaving the club.

Kensell is going

Our lead European scout chris jones seems to be on the move to palace.

And now Webber's right hand man and friend Kieran Scott, who is our head of recruitment is being linked with Middlesbrough for the sporting director job.

If they both go that's two big holes in the scouting network gone.

I honestly thought Scott would be Webber's successor.

Im hoping he still will be Webber’s successor although I’m hearing Webber may stick around a bit longer as opportunities abroad as a result of COVID and Brexit are still uncertain…

He hinted at that in his interview.
One very good reason to sign good players and stay up and enhance his cv.

Last edited:
We need a very good transfer window from Webber . He produced a poor window 2 years ago , but the trouble is he ,just like Farke , is operating with ‘one hand tied behind his back ‘ as the Smiffs are unable to finance and run a Premier League club

Not sure if you'd label him 'Key Staff' but I didn't want to create a new thread, and I couldn't find the U23 one.

David Wright has left his U23 manager role with the club to go to MK Dons as part of their 1st team coaching staff.

Webber and DF both held him in high regard and said he was massive in the development of Idah, Omobamidele, Martin, Cantwell and Lewis

We have now lost someone who has been good at developing talent, the guy who spots the talent, and the one who brings in the talent. I hope this will not mean we see a lack of bright young stars coming through.

I am not sure Wright got the best results from the U23 in terms of winning games but to be fair most of the players were loaned out and he worked with the kids.

Alan Nielsen will take control of the U23 for now.