Kevin the Barnsley Blade | Vital Football

Kevin the Barnsley Blade

Famous for slating Ched on Radio Sheffield has passed away,his son has reported.
He used to drive me nuts when he phoned Footy Heaven not so much because of his views on Chedwyn but his constant errmm,garglin or whatever you call what he did.But i certainly wouldn't wish anything bad to happen to him.RIP Kevin.UTMPB

He used to drive me nuts when he phoned Footy Heaven not so much because of his views on Chedwyn but his constant errmm,garglin or whatever you call what he did.But i certainly wouldn't wish anything bad to happen to him.RIP Kevin.UTMPB

Rod this is what his son wrote,mentioned him having a stroke,dont know if that had anything to do with the way he talked,could have.
-------------------------------------------------------
Kevin was my Dad. He died last Saturday.

I’m not posting this as an attack on any posters on here. I told him about these threads (not in too much detail!), and he loved it!

The Ched thing was more or less his real opinion, at least initially. After a while, Radio Sheff would sometimes call him asking for contributions, which maybe rewarded, reinforced and amplified his more extreme opinions. I dunno. He was proper stubborn, too! The Madine stuff I don’t think he truly cared about, it was just a good opportunity to be on the radio again. He spent his mornings and early afternoons in the pubs of Barnsley, and then would go home and stick Radio Sheffield on. It was a big part of his life over the last few years, so I think being involved with it really tickled him.

He loved winding people up, though, too. I’m so glad he never discovered Facebook or Twitter!

He was an eloquent fella, but he’d had a stroke a few years back, which slowed his speech down considerably.

He had his good sides and his bad sides, but he was a proper character, and he lived his whole life the way he wanted to.

He was also a big blade, especially back in the day. He used to follow United around, particularly during the late 70s early 80s, where he’d drive off anywhere for pre-season games, much to me Mum’s displeasure, who was raising a baby me in Kent.

I just got my son his first Blades shirt, and I’m gutted his grandad will never get to see him in it.

Be nice to people, even the annoying ones on the radio, and if your parents are around, tell em you love em.

Cheers and UTB.

Rod this is what his son wrote,mentioned him having a stroke,dont know if that had anything to do with the way he talked,could have.

I’m not posting this as an attack on any posters on here. I told him about these threads (not in too much detail!), and he loved it!

The Ched thing was more or less his real opinion, at least initially. After a while, Radio Sheff would sometimes call him asking for contributions, which maybe rewarded, reinforced and amplified his more extreme opinions. I dunno. He was proper stubborn, too! The Madine stuff I don’t think he truly cared about, it was just a good opportunity to be on the radio again. He spent his mornings and early afternoons in the pubs of Barnsley, and then would go home and stick Radio Sheffield on. It was a big part of his life over the last few years, so I think being involved with it really tickled him.

He loved winding people up, though, too. I’m so glad he never discovered Facebook or Twitter!

He was an eloquent fella, but he’d had a stroke a few years back, which slowed his speech down considerably.

He had his good sides and his bad sides, but he was a proper character, and he lived his whole life the way he wanted to.

He was also a big blade, especially back in the day. He used to follow United around, particularly during the late 70s early 80s, where he’d drive off anywhere for pre-season games, much to me Mum’s displeasure, who was raising a baby me in Kent.

I just got my son his first Blades shirt, and I’m gutted his grandad will never get to see him in it.

Be nice to people, even the annoying ones on the radio, and if your parents are around, tell em you love em.

Cheers and UTB.
That's a luvly post from Kevin's son Chippy.where did he post it mate? Has i said in my first post on this thread i wouldn't wish owt bad on Kevin.I wish my dear owd parents was still alive so i could tell DAD and my MUM how much i love em both to their face instead of saying it to their Headstone in the cemetary.UTMPB

Cheers and UTB.
I loved his contributions on RS on the political front. Knew what he was talking about. Really down to earth bloke. Sorry to hear he’s left us. RIP Kevin 🙁😢

That's a luvly post from Kevin's son Chippy.where did he post it mate? Has i said in my first post on this thread i wouldn't wish owt bad on Kevin.I wish my dear owd parents was still alive so i could tell DAD and my MUM how much i love em both to their face instead of saying it to their Headstone in the cemetary.UTMPB
Over the road Rod.