Kevin Nolan's bottle. | Vital Football

Kevin Nolan's bottle.

clive ford

Vital Squad Member
always thought K. N. was a bit of a boozer as a player, but there are a lot of rumours on County forum that he's hitting it hard nowadays, even early morning of match days. Facially he certainly is looking worse for wear and he doesn't interview terribly well. Anybody know owt?

This isn't really the nicest thing to speculate on. I'm not quite sure what responses you're expecting or where you think the conversation will go.

I'm not speculating at all, merely my opinion of him when he was a player; how did you think Cloughie looked facially? normal? a fit man?

I thought that was pretty common knowledge, he’s certainly a bit of a throwback to a bygone age. Strange when you consider he played at Bolton with all those overseas players who prolonged their careers by looking after themselves so well.

I thought that was pretty common knowledge, he’s certainly a bit of a throwback to a bygone age. Strange when you consider he played at Bolton with all those overseas players who prolonged their careers by looking after themselves so well.
Big Sam is also well known for being ahead in terms of sports science, diet, fitness etc.

They (Counteh) haven’t made the best of starts after splashing the cash during the summer .... he (Nolan) could be under more pressure come our match in 10 days time.

Regarding his drinking habits, I’m just so glad we have tea total DC at the helm ?

This isn't really the nicest thing to speculate on. I'm not quite sure what responses you're expecting or where you think the conversation will go
This isn't really the nicest thing to speculate on. I'm not quite sure what responses you're expecting or where you think the conversation will go.
With apologies to General Melchett "Goodbye then Kevin, Darling"!

They (Counteh) haven’t made the best of starts after splashing the cash during the summer .... he (Nolan) could be under more pressure come our match in 10 days time.

Regarding his drinking habits, I’m just so glad we have tea total DC at the helm ?
As someone whose livelihood is dependent on people drinking I could never endorse teetotalism but everything in moderation dear...

Maybe their more money than sense will subsidise their tickets for next week?
He does like a cheap ticket doesn't he???

Well if the subject of this thread is to be believed (and I hope not for KN's sake) last night's result won't have helped one bit.

I’m not sure I’m entirely comfortable with this thread. I’m as over the moon as anyone at Notts County’s on the pitch misfortune (trust me I am, I live in Nottingham!) but if there is an issue off the pitch for Kevin Nolan, and I don’t know either way, then I think this means we put football aside and wish him well and hope he can overcome it.