Kevin MacDonald | Page 6 | Vital Football

Kevin MacDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very difficult to assess due to two people viewing the same set of circumstances differently. I've read some people praising KM and calling him "old school". I honestly have know idea about the man himself and certainly will not call him out or support him given that I have none of the facts. Up to others to decide what they want to believe but is BFR a racist for saying the "n" word? Or was he a product of a different time with different acceptable norms.

Seems like MacDonald was around for a very very long time. Going all the way back to when Brian Little was manager if memory serves correctly. It seems like he started well enough but became too controlling after some success, and subsequently totally failed to move with the times and went from "old school" to being a dinosaur with an over-aggressive approach. I haven't heard anything positive about him in many years (although I do remember one game at VP, I believe it was after O'Neill walked, when Ashley Young scored and made a bee line for McDonald to celebrate). I do think the word "bully" has lost/changed it's meaning in recent years, but that doesn't excuse him and he has rightly been ushered out of the club.....

Seems like MacDonald was around for a very very long time. Going all the way back to when Brian Little was manager if memory serves correctly. It seems like he started well enough but became too controlling after some success, and subsequently totally failed to move with the times and went from "old school" to being a dinosaur with an over-aggressive approach. I haven't heard anything positive about him in many years (although I do remember one game at VP, I believe it was after O'Neill walked, when Ashley Young scored and made a bee line for McDonald to celebrate). I do think the word "bully" has lost/changed it's meaning in recent years, but that doesn't excuse him and he has rightly been ushered out of the club.....
Yep, watching the games tonight I bet Daniel Johnson and oh, £6million Calum Robinson condemn KM’s failure to move with the times and have nothing positive to say about him........

Looking at that list of players, it's amazing how mediocre most of them are/were. Only Barry and Cahill were the kind of players we needed the academy to deliver. That's over 20 years.

Lots of players have come through the academy to have successful careers at a lower level but players like Liam Ridgewell were never going to be good enough for the Aston Villa first team.

Our academy has a good reputation for producing players but I really don't think it's justified.

Yeah, what a bastard he must have been. Just think of the careers Gareth Barry, Darius Vassell, Jloyd Samuel, Peter Whittingham, Luke Moore, Liam Ridgewell, Gabby, Barry Bannan, Gary Cahill, Chris Herd, Ciaran Clark, Nathan Baker, Jonathan Hogg, Steven Davis, Andy Wiemann, Tommy Hitz, Lee Hendrie, James Collins, Eric Lihaj, Michael Oakes, Andre Green & Super Jack could have had but for his constant bullying! And Stanley Victor Collymore must have been deluded when he claimed KM was the only member of Villa’s management team who understood and empathised with his mental issues.
In hindsight it’s perhaps as well Ofsted and some smartarse lawyer didn’t look too closely at some of the training methods of the Revered Sir Ron Saunders! Oops, have I sworn in church?
Is it snowing, yet?

1566474290955.png

:finger:
If he did nothing wrong, I imagine he would still be in a job.
So that’s Brian Little, Allan Evans, John Gregory in the bin for a start plus every manager since, not forgetting St. Gareth Of Southgate who was skipper during this ongoing episode and who presumably did not walk around BH wearing a blindfold with cheese in his ears? Expect Sir Ron, Bill Shankly, Brian Clough, Stan Cullis, Bill McGarry, et al to suffer similar vilification.

And always remember those famous words of Alexander Pope (1709).
Look ‘em up yourself.

So that’s Brian Little, Allan Evans, John Gregory in the bin for a start plus every manager since, not forgetting St. Gareth Of Southgate who was skipper during this ongoing episode and who presumably did not walk around BH wearing a blindfold with cheese in his ears? Expect Sir Ron, Bill Shankly, Brian Clough, Stan Cullis, Bill McGarry, et al to suffer similar vilification.

Look ‘em up yourself.

You're just starting to sound a bit silly now.

Fine, you think MacDonald's actions are acceptable. The FA, an independent lawyer, the football club's current owners and many others, including a number of people on here, don't share your opinion.

Also, there's no need for personal insults. I thought you were a decent poster on here.

Look ‘em up yourself.

Bullying aside do you really want that piece of shit at our club? If that game where he dropped all our good players for all the shit players he taught wasn't grounds enough for a sacking I don't know what is, any other job he'd done that in he would of been booted out of the door.

Looking at that list of players, it's amazing how mediocre most of them are/were. Only Barry and Cahill were the kind of players we needed the academy to deliver. That's over 20 years.

Lots of players have come through the academy to have successful careers at a lower level but players like Liam Ridgewell were never going to be good enough for the Aston Villa first team.

Our academy has a good reputation for producing players but I really don't think it's justified.
What about Gabby (said nobody)

Lee Hendrie! Didn't Sturbridge come through our academy? Surely there are others. Don't know how successful other academies are TBF or how you would measure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.