Kevin Cooke | Vital Football

Kevin Cooke

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Finally, we understand you plan to step back from executive duties at the club in the not too distant future?

That is correct. I have held an executive role at the Club for the last four years. At the time I was drafted in to the Club, the Club was going through a difficult time and every day was a challenge. Initially, it was a struggle to keep the Club afloat with the demands placed upon us by the Bank and with us fighting off the occasional winding up order. We quickly steadied the ship, brought some stability back to the Club and then, with the assistance of new investment from Sportvest, created a foundation upon which to build. The last two years have been tremendous and the Club is totally unrecognisable from what it was four years ago. My background is financial management and so to step down from my executive duties at a time when the Club has such financial stability is a source of personal pride for me, especially as the Club was virtually broke when I took on the role four years ago. I am remaining on the Board and I will continue to chair Exco but going forward I will leave the day to day financial management of the Club to Liam and to the Club's new Head of Finance, Tony Bilbie.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2018/june/180612-kevin-cooke-qa/

Great article by Gary on Kevin , he fully supported my efforts and I will always be grateful for that.
Danny and Nicky always back what I do so it’s great the club are so supportive that makes a massive difference.

Pleased to read that article, I never knew what Kevin did. A good bit of PR for him and the Club. :clap:

Four years ago you wondered if the Club had enough money to pay him. Now he is filling out his suits, so clearly they do.