Kettners | Vital Football

Kettners

Blackpool is further north than Grimsby (and I don`t live in Backpool) . But, read my post again, I didn`t mention Grimsby, I did mention Kettners......

The OP suggested Kettners was now in Grimsby - hence the comment to northerners.

Map of the UK is always presented at an angle which makes places in the west of England appear further north than those in the east. But looking at the grid references, Grimsby is north of Blackpool, marginally.
Blackpool: 53.4851’N
Grimsby: 53.5595’N

My chart tells me its 53.8167 Blackpool ner.. ner.. denerner. I`ll get my people to talk to your people and see if we can muster a tape measure. But i`ll not lose sleep over it - and it`s far enough north for it to be a long return train journey (oops wrong thread) to Priestfield.

I do get the West thing, as I do the map angle- it`s why its lighter for longer up here at night. Notwithstanding all that and regardless of the compass, it`s many more miles from London or Southampton to Blackpool than it is Grimsby. Better fish n chips in Grimsby than Blackpool. Neither place is on my list to go sight seeing.

RE Kettners - You quoted my post, in which I implied kettners is up north, i`m not telling anyone where he is, it`s none of our business. I didnt mention Grimsby.

My chart tells me its 53.8167 Blackpool ner.. ner.. denerner. I`ll get my people to talk to your people and see if we can muster a tape measure. But i`ll not lose sleep over it - and it`s far enough north for it to be a long return train journey (oops wrong thread) to Priestfield.

I do get the West thing, as I do the map angle- it`s why its lighter for longer up here at night. Notwithstanding all that and regardless of the compass, it`s many more miles from London or Southampton to Blackpool than it is Grimsby. Better fish n chips in Grimsby than Blackpool. Neither place is on my list to go sight seeing.

RE Kettners - You quoted my post, in which I implied kettners is up north, i`m not telling anyone where he is, it`s none of our business. I didnt mention Grimsby.

My bad. Must learn coordinates.

My bad. Must learn coordinates.

Please excuse my childish "ner.. ner.. denerner" , I was excited as the postman had just delivered a Valentines card to me. Having re-read the card I thought, i`ve seen one like that before. Having realised that it was meant for Dorothy next door, i`ve had to creep round to my neighbour`s place and post it. It`s all my fault as I was sure I had written Dotty`s correct address on the envelope - I must learn my co-ordinates too !!!

Blimey, is this another Queen's Head type argument taking shape?

I think Grimsby is half way up and Blackpool half way down.

Blimey, is this another Queen's Head type argument taking shape?

I think Grimsby is half way up and Blackpool half way down.
But you go across to get from one to the other that's not like the QH except when you go to the gents

I wondered if Kettners might be Gary Hemmens, as he left the club around the time Kettners left this board! He was one of the physios/sports science people at the club, had been there a few years.

I`ll play along, but only for a while.

Right, Bradley moved to Grimsby. Kettners didn`t. My reference to "a bit further south" was in relation to kettners. I knew what the familial relationship was a long time ago.

The earlier interchange was the result of you not looking at exact wording before quoting me about about Grimsby and Blackpool.

Now that`s all cleared up, mine`s a pint of Tim Taylors, cheers.