Kentbattingcollapse 2.0 | Vital Football

Kentbattingcollapse 2.0

MedwayModernist

Vital Squad Member
We did threaten to do one yesterday, going from 198-2 to 204-4 in the space of a trip to the kitchen, but finishing at 357 for 5 was a great effort.

Always good listening to the bbc ball by ball comms online btw, cracking bit of chat about the definition of kentish men/men of kent and what does and does not count as the black country.

Hopefully get close to 500 first innings,put Warwickshire under pressure and enforce follow on.or am I dreaming.

Stevo out, but looking good for max batting bonus points and hopefully 450+. Much better from Kent after throwing away the first match at Somerset. The pitch is a belter apparently, but the forecast is dry, so some scoreboard pressure could really tell with a lot of cricket to play - credit to Kent, not just for the good score, but the speed they've scored the runs, meaning there's a lot of time left.

I was listening most of the day on Sonos yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the commentary - credit to BBC where due. They have really used modern technology in recent years to produce excellent coverage of the cricket at County level.

Going really well so far, well done to young Robinson on his ton - I'd bat as long as possible and try to win by an innings - expect we'll get a draw unless any collapses occur.

I'm trying not to get excited again after my premature gloating last Saturday. So, here's my prediction. Warks rack up 650 and bowl us out for 100 in the last 2 sessions of the match.

That's the spirit. I've no idea what got into you on Saturday. How many years have you been supporting Gills and Kent? Surely you must have learnt by now that anything less than the worst thing you can possibly imagine is a gift from the gods.

Having had Warwickshire follow on, and 7 wickets down in their 2nd innings when still 37 runs away from making Kent bat again, Kent now find themselves 70 behind, with Warwickshire still only 7 wickets down.

Lead of 150 and a "Kentbattingcollapse 2.0" after tea?

Having had Warwickshire follow on, and 7 wickets down in their 2nd innings when still 37 runs away from making Kent bat again, Kent now find themselves 70 behind, with Warwickshire still only 7 wickets down.

Lead of 150 and a "Kentbattingcollapse 2.0" after tea?

I don't think they will take the chance of declaring as I assume that the pitch is still pretty good.

I just can't see where any wins for Kent are coming from this season with bowlers that can not dismiss tail enders on a good pitch and batters that can not stick around when the ball is doing a bit.

Can’t believe that Kent have made such work of this and could throw away another game in a week! At least we had got a chance now. Watching the stream from Warwickshire CCC on my 50” screen with BBC Live Events synced with the comms and a nice beer!

Great win. Made massive hard work of it, but made no difference to the points which is the main thing as think we took full bonus points. Such a shame we threw away that first game, otherwise we'd be in poll position to do what Essex did a couple of years ago - certainly nothing to fear in Div1.

I'll be there on Wednesday with my 7 year old son for his first proper match - look out for us on Sky, will wear my Gills shirt.