Kent Police Flag | Page 2 | Vital Football

Kent Police Flag

I can see why it might be thought insensitive, but I'd go for "now more than ever." The best respect is when it costs the other to show it.

Flag adventures. In 1972 we made and ran an Irish tricolor up the Lancaster University flag pole on St Patrick's Day. Not sure about that looking back. Tense times, but the Admin let it fly for the day.

In the 80's the wife and I ran a huge Union flag up the flag pole at the family cabin on July 4th. All day in beautiful sunshine and a full breeze, it billowed over the Yankee pleasure craft passing by below it.

What flag are you flying next week ?

Trump2020 ? 😉
Flag pole came down in a gale three years ago. Lies there under the growth to this day. No Trump flag. Old Glory will be draped over the deck rail, I'm sure. However, I have baseball cap which is the same colour as a MAGA one, and I wear it out of pure wickedness when out with friends.

Flag pole came down in a gale three years ago. Lies there under the growth to this day. No Trump flag. Old Glory will be draped over the deck rail, I'm sure. However, I have baseball cap which is the same colour as a MAGA one, and I wear it out of pure wickedness when out with friends.
You devil !

The re-trial of the gypsy travellers accused of murdering PC Andrew Harper in Berkshire last year continues this week at the Old Bailey; one of the defendants, Henry Long, who said at the time of being charged "I don`t give a fuck", denies murder but has apparently admitted Manslaughter.

So, at this time, is it praiseworthy, appropriate or insensitive that Kent Police has decided to replace the Union Flag, which usually flies outside the Kent Headquarters building, with the GRT Flag , that`s the Gypsy Romany Traveller flag. It was raised yesterday, and flies to mark GRT History Month. Views please ?
Poor timing I think.
All I would ask, and always do, is why do the police fly flags of other organisations? And how do they choose which ones they're going to fly? (What do minority groups think if their flags isn't flown?)
When I took the oath, we had to promise to do our job "without fear or favour" (of any person or organisation)
Its a British police station so the union flag and/or the police standard for that constabulary is all thats needed in my humble opinion(unless of course all travellers are flying the flag of their local constabulary in return 😉)
Not a dig at travellers at all, i feel the same about any group, it saddens me that the police no longer feel they can display pride in their job but instead try to endear themselves with everyone else.

Poor timing I think.
All I would ask, and always do, is why do the police fly flags of other organisations? And how do they choose which ones they're going to fly? (What do minority groups think if their flags isn't flown?)
When I took the oath, we had to promise to do our job "without fear or favour" (of any person or organisation)
Its a British police station so the union flag and/or the police standard for that constabulary is all thats needed in my humble opinion(unless of course all travellers are flying the flag of their local constabulary in return 😉)
Not a dig at travellers at all, i feel the same about any group, it saddens me that the police no longer feel they can display pride in their job but instead try to endear themselves with everyone else.

I reckon you're spot on there, nobs. The police probably shouldn't be flying any flags except the police flag, and possibly the Union Jack.

I'd offer to fly the police flag for you here on my site but I reckon I'd get some abuse if I did, lol!

I reckon you're spot on there, nobs. The police probably shouldn't be flying any flags except the police flag, and possibly the Union Jack.

I'd offer to fly the police flag for you here on my site but I reckon I'd get some abuse if I did, lol!
😁😁😁

This has gone down like a lead balloon with everyone I've spoken to. The only experiences I've had or seen with the 'travelling community' over the last few years is them parking up on... the Lines, Vinalls Park, Cozenton Park, Beechings Green, Tesco car park, Sainsburys car park, Gillingham golf club, Gillingham Green cemetery. They leave all of of these areas in a fucking disgusting state after they've left. My Mrs works for Medway council in a leisure centre, and members of the travelling community waltz in and intimidate staff to let let them use the gym, shower for free. If they get told no then it's " I know where you live" " I know what car is yours" When anyone rings the police and reports these things they don't want to know, so quite rightly people are fucked off when they see the police posing in front of a fucking flag and ticking another box.

This has gone down like a lead balloon with everyone I've spoken to. The only experiences I've had or seen with the 'travelling community' over the last few years is them parking up on... the Lines, Vinalls Park, Cozenton Park, Beechings Green, Tesco car park, Sainsburys car park, Gillingham golf club, Gillingham Green cemetery. They leave all of of these areas in a fucking disgusting state after they've left. My Mrs works for Medway council in a leisure centre, and members of the travelling community waltz in and intimidate staff to let let them use the gym, shower for free. If they get told no then it's " I know where you live" " I know what car is yours" When anyone rings the police and reports these things they don't want to know, so quite rightly people are fucked off when they see the police posing in front of a fucking flag and ticking another box.
Oh come on Billy, stop sitting on the fence. Flag, good idea; yes or no?

Poor timing I think.

Completely understand your position Nobby and I agree with what you say. I'd place one tiny caveat regarding the very last bit

" it saddens me that the police no longer feel they can display pride in their job but instead try to endear themselves with everyone else. "

I accept that from you as read because I've seen enough of your thinking and approach to know it's straightforward and honest. I have heard similar words used by people I trust less and felt uneasy because I sensed a possible hidden agenda.