Kent cricket | Page 3 | Vital Football

Kent cricket

I think they will need to find some batters next year or they will be straight back down. Joe Denly top with 34 ish ain't great. Thought the 4 day game was supposed to prepare and develop batsmen for test matches. The thumping defeat against Warks was almost predictable.
The home victory against them was one of the occasions the batting actually clicked. The manner of this defeat has taken the gloss off the long awaited promotion.

County Cricket has changed a lot in the last 20 odd years since I went regularly.Can anyone tell me if the players these days have the right to move wherever they want at the end of there contact?
In which case the club may possibly have trouble keeping there best bowlers who have clearly been excellent this season.If indeed they are out of contract. Batting has clearly been a problem all season judging on the scores in have seen.
Are there any young players who could step up next season?
The sides coming down are likely to have problems keeping their best players is their anyone at those clubs who could reinforce our batting line up?If indeed we are allowed to bring them in.

County Cricket has changed a lot in the last 20 odd years since I went regularly.Can anyone tell me if the players these days have the right to move wherever they want at the end of there contact?
In which case the club may possibly have trouble keeping there best bowlers who have clearly been excellent this season.If indeed they are out of contract. Batting has clearly been a problem all season judging on the scores in have seen.
Are there any young players who could step up next season?
The sides coming down are likely to have problems keeping their best players is their anyone at those clubs who could reinforce our batting line up?If indeed we are allowed to bring them in.
I'm available from mid July when I finally retire. I'd be the "Scally" option, I'd only ask for travel expenses.

On a serious note, I agree the batting (first innings especially) is lamentable. In general it is pathetic how many county games rarely go beyond 3 days. No preparation for Test cricket.

Don't you think that this 20/20 stuff is almost certainly damaging the art of batting generally ? (For example India were almost laughable at times )I enjoyed the 40 over and 50 over game back in Kent's hay day.But that was still enough time for a good batsman up the order to play almost his normal game.

I think 20/20 is permeating all levels. At my "pub cricket" on a Sunday we have some talented Sri Lankans who have been brought up on this stuff. In a declaration game they try to hit sixes from the first over. Same with some oppos. They often get out quickly, leaving the other team masses of time to get a relatively low score.

Mind you, at least we get to the pub early.