Kent cricket | Vital Football

Kent cricket

The pledge

Vital Reserves Team
Based on today's play it doesn't look likely that Sussex will get a win against Warwickshire . If we beat Gamorgan then we should be promoted to div 1. Weather doesn't look bad and as long as our batting does a decent job for once , our bowlers should get us over the line. Hopefully we won't need to best Warwickshire in our last match.

You would guess Warwickshire are going to build a huge 1st innings total,making it all but impossible for Sussex to win,and hopefully Kent will get pretty big lead on Glamorgan’s 1st innings total,still all to play for but looking good after Day 1

From reading the reports, it looks like they have finally produced a better wicket at Canterbury so we might actually add to our pitiful 11 batting points this season (not sure what the excuse has been for the away games).

Bowling performances have been fantastic all season and Henry has been out of this world.

The new regime with Downton, Donald and the new CEO seems to have had a very positive effect although not being able to quite get over the line in the limited overs stuff to win something has been frustrating,

Always remember though, the huge disadvantage in not being a Test Match venue. The likes of Surrey seem to be able to hoover up all the in-form talent whether at home or from abroad.

Well done, lads.

Almost impossible for Kent to #uck it up now. 3 points needed from last game whatever else happens I think.

By my calculations even if Sussex beat Warwickshire and get 4 batting points (need to reach 350, currently 317/8), they'd still only be able to tie. Even to do that they'd need to win and get maximum bonus points in the last round of matches, while Kent would need to lose and get 0 bonus points.

If they're all out for less than 350 in their current innings, or if they fail to beat Warwicks, Kent are up, regardless of what happens in the last match.

Sussex only 3 batting points so I believe we need just 1 point even if Sussex pull off a miraculous win. They would be 23 points behind us. 24 max per match and if tied the team that has won the most is first, I think.

Surely safe but then I think of the Gills at Wycombe.:eek!:

Sussex only 3 batting points so I believe we need just 1 point even if Sussex pull off a miraculous win. They would be 23 points behind us. 24 max per match and if tied the team that has won the most is first, I think.

Kent on 219pts. Sussex on 178pts (including the 3 batting points), 16 pts for a win would still leave them on 194, so 25pts behind. They can't catch Kent, no matter what happens.

And if Warwicks v Sussex ends in a draw (which looks likely), Warwicks and Kent would be tied on 219pts going into the final game.

Does this mean that if Warwickshire and Sussex draw, we could go there and win the league next week?

Even if Warwickshire beat Sussex, they'd only be 11pts ahead, so Kent can still win the league anyway by beating them. But if Warwicks and Sussex draw, Kent could win the league with a draw, as long as they get more bonus points than Warwicks (or possibly even with the same number of bonus points as Warwicks, if what Gills 58 says about the team with most wins finishing higher if level on points is correct).

Taking nothing away from Kent and congrats to them - it has been a long time coming and well deserved. Glad we were playing Glamorgan who are/were absolutely dire all season.

I think we only need one point but, who cares we're up surely? Never sure what is the relevance of two divisions except teams get to play each other twice - well almost. Good to see the great Stevo knock 'em over.

Fantastic season all round. Getting to Lords in the One Day Cup, winning the group and getting to the quarters in the T20 and now winning promotion to Div 1 and potentially winning the Championship. Congrats to all, thoroughly well deserved. Now to get Henry signed up for next season....

Fantastic season all round. Getting to Lords in the One Day Cup, winning the group and getting to the quarters in the T20 and now winning promotion to Div 1 and potentially winning the Championship. Congrats to all, thoroughly well deserved. Now to get Henry signed up for next season....

All round great season for Kent, very well earned.

Was listening to the radio for the last few wickets, and the commentator said that Kent have actually won more cricket matches than any other county this season across all formats, which is pretty sweet!

Kent on 219pts. Sussex on 178pts (including the 3 batting points), 16 pts for a win would still leave them on 194, so 25pts behind. They can't catch Kent, no matter what happens.

And if Warwicks v Sussex ends in a draw (which looks likely), Warwicks and Kent would be tied on 219pts going into the final game.
Yes, correct Madrid. I didn't do my homework properly. Sussex only 1 bowling point, I.had assumed 3.

Kent promoted. Anyway, BBC says so, it must be true. :-)