Kent Cricket | Page 9 | Vital Football

Kent Cricket

Yep me too, but tonight is going to be more important - the man's game. There will need to be more fans and more runs for it to be a longer term success. It is something that you can dip in and out of in a evening, on BBC, when there is no football on

Why do I think you`ve thrown a rope at me ;) TBH, on the strength of last night, I believe i`d be equally entertained, whether it be a women`s game or men`s game.

Kent being pummeled at the moment, Durham 250/1 with 15 overs left :oops:

Beckenham is an absolute road though, and it is glorious weather atm down the road in Bromley.

Chasing 400 is going to be a huge effort, but given the circumstances not impossible.

I suspect the Hundred was invented because getting the money into the counties to pay for the big players to come here was too complicated. The T20 Blast just can't compete for the top players and as such I would only watch bits of finals day. It also just seemed to be medium pacers endlessly bowling slower balls and making it seriously scrappy cricket. Although I suspect The Hundred may suffer from that too?

I don't know if the Hundred still has big names (I know it had some before being delayed) and I think I read the England internationals are only in it for a bit? That would be a big problem.

It's a shame it doesn't involve counties but I bet they tried and couldn't make it work.

Lancs is an example of why the format could work and why it could benefit English cricket more widely. The Hundred may be terrible for purists but I'm infinitely more likely to watch it than domestic long form cricket (and I like cricket).

I had a quick glance yesterday but could not get beyond the graphics looking like an explosion in a paint factory. All bright red and turqoise with runs recorded in the middle on the left and wickets at the bottom on the right, beneath the number of balls bowled.

Regarding differences to 20/20, am I right in thinking that wickets do not matter as much in the Hundred, for some reason?

Has anyone else picked up what the other differences are from 20/20, apart from the fact it is 100 balls each rather than 120?

Beckenham is an absolute road though, and it is glorious weather atm down the road in Bromley.

Chasing 400 is going to be a huge effort, but given the circumstances not impossible.

It is impossible when you have such a scratch side out. Kent Online said that Jack Leaning would be captaining but he is not even playing.

Munsey and Finch have managed to get us to 221 for 6 in reply to 404, but neither had ever played for us until a fortnight ago.

A farce with teams that aren't a reflection on the county's quality which has been caused by the disgrace that is the Hundred. Also, Kent have had a cracking white ball record at home at Canterbury this season. Shame they've for some reason decided not to play any of the RL Cup games there. Bring on the T20 QF.

Just watched the latter half of the match tonight. Was alright, it seemed to have a bit more energy than usual domestic. They definitely seemed to get through balls quicker.

It is amusing seeing them accidentally call things overs and one commentator referred the crowd as 'Surrey Fans'.

Clearly they're pushing men and women equally (although not in pay). I can't help but think they missed a trick by not doing a joint league. Now that would be different, for the men to succeed they need the women too.

A farce with teams that aren't a reflection on the county's quality which has been caused by the disgrace that is the Hundred. Also, Kent have had a cracking white ball record at home at Canterbury this season. Shame they've for some reason decided not to play any of the RL Cup games there. Bring on the T20 QF.
Agree, ruined by the Hundred" sh#t.

Clearly they're pushing men and women equally (although not in pay). I can't help but think they missed a trick by not doing a joint league. Now that would be different, for the men to succeed they need the women too.
Yep, I was thinking that earlier - not mixing the teams, but combining the points totals of the two teams. And yes, they do play quickly as well which is good

Yep, I was thinking that earlier - not mixing the teams, but combining the points totals of the two teams. And yes, they do play quickly as well which is good
Yeah joint points totals was what I was thinking too, for obvious issues with mixed teams haha

It would interestingly unique, and possible as everyone has the same budget etc.

Stokes bowled well but will be remembered for getting the ball replayed and then promptly dropping it over the boundary for 6. That and bowling a wide on his final ball that then got dispatched for another 6.

The 2 Afghans were the best bowlers, especially Rashid Khan. Still waiting for a team to properly go off, the bowlers definitely have the advantage so far.

The women's games are competitive, but the standard is not very good (especially the bowling)

So far , so bad. I don't see the difference between this and the T20 blast other than clearly pushing more star studded teams by having fewer of them.

The only plus side I've seen is innings being bowled quicker and this used to be the case in the T20 till they phased out the innings clock, so why not bring that back?

Hopefully it's a phase that passes and we can invest more into T20, which can easily be tweaked to bring in new fans if they so wish.

As for the women's games, you could combine the points totals but you can't mix it up. The standards are poles apart, with the women having 3/4 good players on a side and the rest no better than we would see in division 10 on a Saturday here in Northants.