Kent Cricket | Page 2 | Vital Football

Kent Cricket

Badly performing Football teams are called in for extra training, so between now and the next game, stick the batsmen in the nets for a minimum 4 hours a day, until they are seeing the cricket ball like a football.

Jack Leaning will probably be out at least a couple of hundred times during those sessions but some of them might actually learn the meaning of the word application.

Some of them might also actually start feeling as sick and humiliated as the supporters.

If Walker comes out with any more of the "cant quite put my finger on what is going wrong" cr*p, Downton should show him the door for dereliction of duty.

Last edited:
I see that the Club has extended the deadline for ballot applications for tickets to attend matches. The given reason. The high level of demand. The real reason. No demand whatsoever.
The extension was mainly due to the convoluted process set up to apply for tickets. Kent locked the doors to their offices Friday as they weren't able to keep up with inquiries

The extension was mainly due to the convoluted process set up to apply for tickets. Kent locked the doors to their offices Friday as they weren't able to keep up with inquiries
I think Waldo's post was a well earned salvo of sarcasm.

It's very difficult for the batters to get any decent net practice when the so called bowling attack (with exception of the old Bloke) isn't up to First Class standard.

I may have posted this before when I was having a clear out of the house during lockdown I found an old autograph book from when I was kid (going to show my age now) and the names almost brought a tear to my eye; Knott, Underwood, Iqbal, Shepherd, Luckhurst, Woolmer, Cowdrey (Chris and Colin) etc,
The thing that gets me is that cricket at grass roots level in Kent is still so strong.
There is clearly something wrong with the structure of the game in the county if we cannot seem to build a competitive county side.
The whole things needs looking at very closely from top to bottom.

Followed Kent cricket for very long time time,Knott,Underwood,Asif to name few,really felt positive for this season after last year,but only way we are going to get points is if it pisses down for 4 days.

I think Walker’s lack of experience is getting found out now that he hasn’t got an experienced former player and coach alongside him - ie Gillespie, Donald etc.

The whole farce of our captain not doing pre-season, starting the season and missing half of the season playing for other domestic teams is a joke and really can’t help the shambles. How Kent have allowed this to happen and he’s got the gall to take the captaincy, I’ll never know. I get that he wants to earn lots of money that he doesn’t need by sitting on a bench in India, but don’t commit to being Kent captain if you’re going to do that and, as soon as he’s back, he’s pissing off to the pointless Hundred!

More comedy cricket today. From 73 for 2 to 84 for 6 with returning hero Billings crafting a beautifully compiled 11 and Bell Drummond having dropped himself down the order to score another big fat zero.

You gotta laugh.

I mean, it is obviously not good conditions for batting - I also think that we've been on the wrong end of every toss this season - we always seem to be batting first in the rain? But that aside, this season has just been woeful.

Looking at our batting lineup at the start of the season, Denly playing 100% of the time, Crawley at the start, and that we'd added to our bowling, I genuinely thought we had a chance to push for the top spots after finishing 4th in D1 in 2019, and 2nd in our group last year in the Bob Willis trophy, but my lord, it's been a shambles.

We're lucky it's not a normal season as we'd be getting relegated.

More comedy cricket today. From 73 for 2 to 84 for 6 with returning hero Billings crafting a beautifully compiled 11 and Bell Drummond having dropped himself down the order to score another big fat zero.

You gotta laugh.
Beat me to it GBN. We have now passed the historic milestone of 100 (for 7).

Worst side in my (long) living memory. Bunch of absolute no marks and who the #### are these new names who are borrowed from other counties?

Mighty Glamorgan turning us over again.

As for the toss, we won it v Yorks, put them in and they scored about 500 iirc.

As I type they are relying on an old man as usual, the legend that is Stevens.

those that know realise that Kent cricket would be in for a bad season as the Democrats are supposedly in power in the USA. A certain member of the team is a rogue CIA agent . You check your history books,dems in power, CIA trying to start conflict in the middle east, and a sudden complete collapse of Kent batting . Not a coincidence.