Kent cricket (n/g, obviously) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Kent cricket (n/g, obviously)

Excellent effort by Billings very odd that England had 3 wicket keepers in that side.Buttler,Bairstow and Billings all have deserved their chance for batting alone.Maybe it proves something about keepers. In Knotties day it was rare to see wicket keepers as front line batsmen Engineer and Knotty being some of the exceptions.
Kent have provided some runs for England this summer as well as doing well themselves.

I thought that was a sublime ODI innings from Billings - very much in the mould of the absent Stokes and Buttler, who missed out today, although by my standards the Buttler catch was clearly grounded by Labuschagne.

Considering how much England struggled early on, both in terms of scoring but also simply getting bat on ball, they did well to get as close as they did. When you see Hazelwood bowled 44 dot balls in his 10 overs England wern't that far off winning it. Be interesting on Sunday to see how aggressive England are with their batting early on. In the past when England have lost they've bounced back with an impressive performance in the next game.

Excellent effort by Billings very odd that England had 3 wicket keepers in that side.Buttler,Bairstow and Billings all have deserved their chance for batting alone.Maybe it proves something about keepers. In Knotties day it was rare to see wicket keepers as front line batsmen Engineer and Knotty being some of the exceptions.
Kent have provided some runs for England this summer as well as doing well themselves.
If Banton comes in for the next game we could have 4 wicket keepers playing, and the best keeper in the country, Foakes, can't get a look in, helps if your surname begins with B.

If Banton comes in for the next game we could have 4 wicket keepers playing, and the best keeper in the country, Foakes, can't get a look in, helps if your surname begins with B.
I never realised Banton was a wicketkeeper as well.

Don't think Foakes is being discriminated against, considering the selectors are normally so Surrey-centric with Burns, Sibley (ex-Surrey), Pope and both Currans getting plenty of chances.

Foakes was woefully short of runs in the second half of last season but is coming back to form with the bat so will undoubtedly feature shortly.

I think Pope has also kept wicket for England in some form, so there could even be a team with 6 potential stump men playing in the future.

Anyone following the T20 Blast QF? Disgracefully and pathetically Sky has chosen to show some pointless IPL game live rather instead of our own premier domestic tournament. However, it's live on YouTube.

Interestingly, I have seen several social media posts from GFC, including a video message on Twitter from Evans, wishing Kent luck. This is the first time I've seen this - I've said for a long time that it's about time GFC and Kent linked up in terms of mutual advertising - long may it continue.

Last edited:
Need 170 which is definitely gettable.
Finals day is Saturday and the weather forecast for Edgbaston is appalling. Reserve day on Sunday isn't much better. They may well have to play it in April next year.