Kennedy | Page 2 | Vital Football

Kennedy

The form of Diame was equally if not more important because it let Shelvey, Ritchie and Perez the freedom to be more attacking.

But again that was down to Benitez being so negative - it was only when Diame was allowed to actually play in midfield rather than as a 5th defender that we saw the real player

Look, I'm not defending Benitez's tactics. To not have a shot on target against the worst defence in PL history is inexcusable. Kennedy is not wanted by his own club, went on loan to Watford who didn't even play him and ended up on loan to a club who were always going to be fighting relegation. It will be interesting to see were he ends up next.

He has a long way to go before I would even begin to compare him with Robert. Hopefully having a solid left back behind him will reduce his first touch range to say 3 yards and give him time to complete a short pass successfully maybe once or twice a game. That in itself would be a substantial improvement

I wasn't comparing him with Robert I was using him as an example to show how a good manager gets the best out of a hot and cold player