Kennedy | Vital Football

Kennedy

He’s a young lad playing in a shite team that doesn’t suit his style, that said his constant checking back and losing possession is so frustrating, he needs to get back to going at players. There is however no excuse for the lack of heart and work ethic, I’d have dropped him for a good few weeks after his pathetic non attempt to stop the cross against West Ham, never mind bringing the lazy twat back for Wolves.

I think he's better at going forward but Paul is right it's the players around him. Not to mention Benitez has him defending more. He would shine in a better team with a decent left back behind him and freedom of expeession instead of being a left back with atsu in front. Look what Bobby donewith Robert gave him the freedom of the left wing and he was either brilliant or rubbish but could afford to be with Bernard behind him and speed beside him.

I think he's better at going forward but Paul is right it's the players around him. Not to mention Benitez has him defending more. He would shine in a better team with a decent left back behind him and freedom of expeession instead of being a left back with atsu in front. Look what Bobby donewith Robert gave him the freedom of the left wing and he was either brilliant or rubbish but could afford to be with Bernard behind him and speed beside him.
I don't know if it is politically correct on here at the moment to say so but that is a great piece of analysis. To me, Kenedy looks better with Dummett behind him and perhaps we shall see if that is the case over the next few weeks. After all, Enrique and Jonas made a good partnership.

He has a long way to go before I would even begin to compare him with Robert. Hopefully having a solid left back behind him will reduce his first touch range to say 3 yards and give him time to complete a short pass successfully maybe once or twice a game. That in itself would be a substantial improvement

Time Benitez stopped playing players out of position because of his defensive mindset with the squad he has.

It’s. nowt to do with the squad he has now owl... he’s a boring twat plain and simple...he used to play Steve Gerrard out of position ffs

Starting to come around to your way of thinking Pie.
He's a mediocre manager,should do the honourable thing & walk the end of January,fatties got him in his pocket.
He's looking complicit,part of the fakeover.

fatties got him in his pocket.

There is no room for Benitez in fatties pocket,52000 so called Geordies are in there.Which in my book is far worse than any many manager with no allegiance to the club,the area or the people.
So before we all say Benitez should walk,why haven't the 52000 walked?
For what it's worth though I would like nothing more than for Benitez to walk,if anything just to see the reaction or lack of it which will be inevitable.

Spot on,it's always been about the 52,000,until they shift nothing changes.
Couple of yellow vests outside the Gallowgate rather than the magpie group might shift something on,the apathy is fkn unbelievable.

There is no room for Benitez in fatties pocket,52000 so called Geordies are in there.Which in my book is far worse than any many manager with no allegiance to the club,the area or the people.
So before we all say Benitez should walk,why haven't the 52000 walked?
For what it's worth though I would like nothing more than for Benitez to walk,if anything just to see the reaction or lack of it which will be inevitable.
I agree with most of what you are saying marky but the whole city was united in their loathing for Pardew.

Ashley payed a small fortune for Benitez and three years later all our woes are down to the 52,000 .....

Nowt to do with those who accepted Rafa as their saviour ?...even when it became crystal clear he was a much bigger problem than the aforementioned AP !!

I'm not making excuses for those who go but given our culture and the fanaticism passed down by those before us,it's unrealistic to expect anything will change without outside help.

Starting to come around to your way of thinking Pie.
He's a mediocre manager,should do the honourable thing & walk the end of January,fatties got him in his pocket.
As much as I dislike him Ry he's anything but mediocre in terms of football management.

I agree with most of what you are saying marky but the whole city was united in their loathing for Pardew.

Ashley payed a small fortune for Benitez and three years later all our woes are down to the 52,000 .....

Nowt to do with those who accepted Rafa as their saviour ?...even when it became crystal clear he was a much bigger problem than the aforementioned AP !!

I'm not making excuses for those who go but given our culture and the fanaticism passed down by those before us,it's unrealistic to expect anything will change without outside help.

I don't disagree Pie.It seems if someone says what the gullible masses want to hear they are believed immediately.Pardew had a habit of saying the wrong thing and acting a prick.
Benitez says the right things and has hero status,but give Rafa his due he conducts himself in the right way and does things in the area.
Benitez is the glue that holds the "Ashley" empire regards this club together in my opinion.
If he leaves I will look on when fuck all happens.Any manager can come and go here but until the 52000 fight for their club it will be the same old shite.
They haven't got a fight in them to do anything
Your last part of your post," given our culture and the fanaticism passed down by those before us",these fuckers that go don't give a shit.
Ashley gave them what they wanted to hear when a protest was in the air,all the daft fuckers got excited.
Was sat with me Dad watching Saturday's game.He is 76 and had a rant."These fuckers that go have no backbone.Fans of yester year would have hounded him out".He then went on to say if he had the money to buy the club the first thing he would do would be to ban the 52000 for life end start again.If only.

"Benitez says the right things and has hero status,but give Rafa his due he conducts himself in the right way "

That's the part I don't get marky.
Both himself and Lascelles have pimped themselves for Ashley,that's completely the opposite to good conduct in my view.
Especially so because Ashley is the worst owner in our history.

I totally disagree that the fans don't care.
If I was being polite,sheep would cover it,if not thick would not be far off the mark(no pun)...

Mediocre for me,does his homework,that's about it & dances to fatties tune,he's nothing special tho 50,000 might disagree.

Last edited:
Kennedy has been Kennedied. His attitude stinks and at 23 his career is going only one way. You can't blame Benitez for the fact the **** can't pass a ball five yards.

I can blame Benitez for playing him at full back and putting Atsu in front of him

I can also blame Benitez for employing such defensively minded midfield tactics

He's here to learn under a "world class' coach - he's been played out of position or shackled all season