Ken McNaught and the PFA | Vital Football

Ken McNaught and the PFA

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
I put this in the KM happy birthday thread, but on reflection, felt it demanded its own moment in the sun. The story just makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

I'm definitely not a fan of the Daily Fail, but this article demonstrates what an utter disgrace the PFA really is. Gordon Taylor has been in post for 40-odd years and is the highest-paid trade union boss in the world, 'earning' over £2m a year (at the very least).

Please take a few minutes to have a read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ded-PFA-spend-40k-save-life-refused-help.html

Last edited:
What disgrace Taylor and his administration is. It's time football supporters in some way demonstrated against Taylor and his cronies.

The PFA is a disgrace , Taylor paid over £2 million they have Lowry painting worth fortunes hanging at their headquarters and other such luxuries.

Whiffs of Sepp Blatter like autocracy.

Ken was on talksport the other day talking to Jim White about it. Apparently the PFA prefer to use their money for knee and hip ops rather than what could be a life saving heart operation.

What disgrace Taylor and his administration is. It's time football supporters in some way demonstrated against Taylor and his cronies.

It's about time Professional Footballers demonstrated against their own association and the way its run.
They could start with demanding a rule change, maybe limiting the time period a chair can be in place would be a good start.

It's about time Professional Footballers demonstrated against their own association and the way its run.
They could start with demanding a rule change, maybe limiting the time period a chair can be in place would be a good start.

Thats exactly what is happening 1958. Over 300 players or ex players have expressed their concerns and it has prompted Taylor to announce an independant root and branch reveiw of the organisation.

He's a colossus of a man. So much dignity. Spoke to him the week before he went in for his op, over a proposed charity match (most people before an op like that wouldn't have given a stuff) ... the way he was talking, you'd have thought he was going to the dentist for a check up!

In a sport awash with totally unjustifiable amounts of money, it seems unbelievable that it is unable or unwilling to assist in the health issues of former players.

The unions job should be to negotiate suitable funding for research and assistance into health related issues (the failure to research brain injuries, like those sustained by Jeff Astle, suitably is astonishing). If the union is unwilling, then wealthy former employers (like Villa) have a moral obligation.

After all, £40 000 is one weeks wages to current employees like Richards, Lansbury and McCormack who never even wear the shirt on match days.

Something badly wrong somewhere. By the way, shouldn't the PFA's leader be democratically accountable? :shake:

Thats exactly what is happening 1958. Over 300 players or ex players have expressed their concerns and it has prompted Taylor to announce an independant root and branch reveiw of the organisation.

Yes sirdennis but who by, someone selected by Taylor, who is at the base of the unions problems.

The PFA is a disgrace , Taylor paid over £2 million they have Lowry painting worth fortunes hanging at their headquarters and other such luxuries.

Whiffs of Sepp Blatter like autocracy.
They are all the same, they look after themselves from their ivory towers, I could go on and on but what's the point

The sad thing is, there is Ken Mcnaught needing £40k, which is less than the top earners in the PL get in a day now .... effing disgrace. Oh and then there is the bullshit about the wait on the NHS

Oh for a Ken McNaught alongside Alan Evans - they would put the fear of God in these overpaid starlets. And while I am on - perhaps I shouldn't but it is so tempting to lay into certain individuals who may or may not have an association with this thread

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to meet him and Shaun Teale when I was in hospitality for my birthday last year. It was a big surprise and I was so starstruck I could barely talk to them so I bet they think I'm a right idiot! I've got nothing but good things to say about them both, they took the time out to have a chat with all my family, wished me happy birthday, signed my programme and took a photo with me! The PFA sound like an absolute disgrace.

Oh for a Ken McNaught alongside Alan Evans - they would put the fear of God in these overpaid starlets. And while I am on - perhaps I shouldn't but it is so tempting to lay into certain individuals who may or may not have an association with this thread

You will have to explain yourself on that one. It's got me stumped.

:hmmm: