Keith Curle | Vital Football

Keith Curle

That says more about his inability to manage a team than us. Surely if the team top of the league are only functional then it should be easy for a manager of his caliber to be guiding his team to the top as well.

Some people just can't give it a rest. Guiding Northampton to mid table mediocrity and he thinks that's it. Then have a dig 'cos hes gotta have an outlet for publicity.

If you can't say something good...…..remind me what did LCFC or the Cowleys do to miff him so badly. Anyway loser, see ya later....much later.

What you have to remember is the Cowleys were never professional footballers. They have put lots of noses out of joint because they have come into the professional game from teaching and shown lots of ex pros how to do it. I have a feeling lots of League 1 managers next season are going to moan and be bitter at their own inadequacies next to the Cowleys and long may the bitterness and bitching carry on because that will mean we will be winning a lot again :grinning:

You’re damn right we’re functional. And yeah lucky with finances that Nate’s wanted to invest.

I assume that makes you disfunctional and unwantable (sounds like my love life there).

Not ex pros are they not one of the crap ex pro footballers now medicore managers on the merry go round and Curle is definitely one of them.
Jumped up teachers who've got lucky, I think any of that lot like them especially dinosaurs like him.

Does anyone actually have a link to what was said?

Or has everyone on here just commented about something they haven't actually heard?

The other thing about finances, success brings finance, make your side successful and you will always have a better chance of attracting investment. If he thinks it's just luck then he should look at himself for not doing more to help with his clubs.

The other thing about finances, success brings finance, make your side successful and you will always have a better chance of attracting investment. If he thinks it's just luck then he should look at himself for not doing more to help with his clubs.

Amazes me why there is the need for ex-top pro footballers to fill most of the coaches and pundits roles today. You don't need to have played at a high standard in order to coach or talk about it.

I love the fact all the opposition managers give Lincoln city so much free publicity.

Thank you Losers

I love it when opposition managers are bitter it shows we have got under their skin because we are doing well and they aren't!

Remember the dark non-league days when we got compliments for being a nice place to go and oh Lincoln tried hard but we beat them good luck to Lincoln. I'd rather everyone hates us and we keep the juggernaut going all the way to the Championship.

What a d*ckhead.
Ask Uncle Bob how 'lucky' we were finances, some ex pros should just concentrate on getting better at management rather than chasing publicity.

Why ask Keith Curle about anything anyway? He has a pretty poor record as a manager (league games only):

P: 390 W: 145 D: 113 L: 132
PPG: 1.40 (equates to 64 points over a full season = mid-table mediocrity)
Win%: 37.1%
Promotions: 0

Danny Cowley, on the other hand, has been incredibly lucky:

P: 504 W: 264 D: 119 L: 121
PPG: 1.81 (equates to 83 points over a full season = automatic promotion)
Win%: 52.38
Promotions: 5

That may go some way towards really explaining why Lincoln have been promoted and Keith Curle is still looking for his first promotion after nine seasons as a manager.

We could also point out that Lincoln have scored 281 goals in just under three seasons while winning two promotions (and two championships), the EFL Trophy, reaching an FA Cup quarter-final and an FA Trophy semi-final. That is an average of 94 goals per season, not allowing for the remaining four games to play. If that is a functional team, I would love to see what a good footballing team could achieve.