Keeping The Squad Together | Page 2 | Vital Football

Keeping The Squad Together

In the last two close seasons I remember regular headline updates on how many season tickets had been sold so people were impressed/ excited/keen to buy one as well. This time, not a whisper.

The thing with the season tickets though is that the vast majority were sold before last season ended. Most people taking advantage of the early bird discount.

The thing with the season tickets though is that the vast majority were sold before last season ended. Most people taking advantage of the early bird discount.
Fair comment although it is odd that season ticket sales figures are not mentioned with the new season coming up.

That's bad news, I was certain he would sign for us.
Yes I was hoping he was nailed on for us but I presume budget constraints were the main barrier. Bennett is based in the North West so I cant think he would be that keen to move to London rather than the North East unless the price was right. Just imagining next season when we play Harrogate, Mansfield and Sutton: our ex forwards potentially having a field day. Just wondering which forward players we will end up signing? They will have big shoes to fill.

The biggest worry should be if Dave Challinor left. He brought Johnson, Armstrong, Oates and Bennett to the club and as they have gone elsewhere is that a clue to what is going on behind the scenes.

It's almost inconceivable that any L1/2 NW club that gets off to a bad start wouldn't be interested in our manager.

Lewis Cass signs season long loan at Port Vale
I guess he wanted to see what life was like at a different club, after all he is a youngster just starting his career, cant blame him looking for new experience. Good luck to him and his partnership with with Johnson.

Donaldson has decided to seek his fortune elsewhere. I know he was a bit of a "marmite" figure, but he always gave his all, never shirked or hid, so as a good squad player he will be a miss.

Can only wish him well in whatever direction his plans take him.

I agree. Donaldson has had his critics and I have been one of them on occasions but he has been a great servant to the club and I feel sure he carries everyone's best wishes.