Keeping a lid on expectation. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Keeping a lid on expectation.

I know what you mean but why not let's enjoy it as it might never come round again.

I agree, it's just that discussing record points hauls after 2 games comes across, at best, as a little bit triumphalist. Not to mention tempting fate.

I'm all for making the most of the fleeting moments of glory though.

I know what you mean but why not let's enjoy it as it might never come round again. Tbh I couldn't care less what other fans of other clubs think! I don't go around rubbing their noses in it by lurking on other teams message boards and gloating (which personally I find a bit sad but heyho each to their own).

I am just enjoying The Imps doing do well the only reason other fans are moaning at us is because we are. Nobody cared about us for the 10 years up to The Cowleys arriving because we were an insignificant and perennial under achievers.

The last time other teams bleated about us a lot I seem to remember was when Big Keith was in charge. Why because we were winning more hmmm funny that!

Have to say there has definitely been an envy factor amongst our local rivals but it is just that and in the case of Grimsby pure bitterness. I'm experiencing something in the last 2 years that was never there before and that's been a very positive response from people when they hear I'm an Imp.