Keeper situation. | Vital Football

Keeper situation.

seanbeanstattoo

Vital Football Hero
The most important of all our recruitment requirements. The most important position in the team. Personally I wouldn't touch Ramsdale. way overpriced on what he has shown to be capable of and worrying that no-one other than us seems to be interested in him.
Assuming we've seen the last of Henderson? we should push the boat out for the best we can afford.
Uğurcan Çakır would seem to be the one to really go for and with Eddie Newton the boss at Trabzonspor there should be a good channel of communication especially with our established links to Turkey.
Add Swift and Cash and for me Karlan Grant and Josh King and I'd say we are golden.

The most important of all our recruitment requirements. The most important position in the team. Personally I wouldn't touch Ramsdale. way overpriced on what he has shown to be capable of and worrying that no-one other than us seems to be interested in him.
Assuming we've seen the last of Henderson? we should push the boat out for the best we can afford.
Uğurcan Çakır would seem to be the one to really go for and with Eddie Newton the boss at Trabzonspor there should be a good channel of communication especially with our established links to Turkey.
Add Swift and Cash and for me Karlan Grant and Josh King and I'd say we are golden.
I agree with all that but I really think we need someone to push Stevens as well. The lad from Wigan although not ready now would seem the obvious and affordable choice.

Cakir is very likely, IMO.

How many other clubs have a 1st choice GK position available?

He won't sign anywhere to be backup.

And we're obviously committed to him.

Stating the obvious the two most important signings are the goalkeeper and CF but any on the above posts would be a bonus. As BiF says consideration for someone to push Stevens should be seriously considered

Like Cloughy said after he signed Peter Shilton it’s the most important position in any team. A poor keeper can destroy a good team single handedly but a good confident keeper can transform even an average team into a good one. A very unforgiving position and it’s vital that we get it right.

Let’s go for a Turkish with Cakir. I really like that Wilder is not getting involved with the Henderson Solskjaer Stand off. We need our own permanent keeper.

Last edited:
Bye bye Henderson thank you for all your chest beats.

Hello Cakir,and if tha lets too many goyuls in you will be a Fakir.

it’s fookin simple ......... no top quality keeper in the nets for us relegation calls!
Yes we need a very good keeper but we didn't do too bad with a novice(at least at Premier League level Hendo was) did we.I'm sure St Christopher's well aware of what we need and if he isn't his pal Twirlio will tell him to look on here for advice BB mi owd pal.:yes: UTMPB

Yes we need a very good keeper but we didn't do too bad with a novice(at least at Premier League level Hendo was) did we.I'm sure St Christopher's well aware of what we need and if he isn't his pal Twirlio will tell him to look on here for advice BB mi owd pal.:yes: UTMPB

A novice keeper as good as Hendo will do for me ........ I’m certain St. Christopher will get it sorted.